*HP dv3t (2XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by Howitzer225, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmericanGal

AmericanGal Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi, I did a clean install of Windows 7. My HP games was gone after install. I would think you'd need to do an upgrade to keep that program on the computer.

I really miss my HP games. I wonder if that software can be downloaded from the customer support part of their website?

2. computer16433

computer16433 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just noticed that my dv3t won't go to sleep when the Bluetooth mouse (adapter) is plugged in...it goes to sleep for a couple seconds and then roars right back. There are numerous threads about this problem with different manufacturers but most of them seem based on Vista.

I changed the advanced Multimedia power options setting to go to sleep when exchanging media (or some phrase like that) but nothing improved.

Obviously I can just unplug the mouse each time but if there's a way to fix this I'd like to know.

P.S. What other (free) windows support forums do people here recommend? i'm relatively new to the windows world from mac, and find the number of different ways to ask for help on windows to be a little overwhelming. Thanks (pps this is my only windows machine)

P.P.S. Is there a way to bump this post into the general hp forum? It seems like this thread might be too narrow the way it's organized for me when there's a response without constantly reading all the new posts. sorry and thanks

3. quantum28

quantum28 Newbie

Reputations:
    so i went ahead and ran the windows 7 upgrade using the disks they shipped me. (i figured if it goes awry i can just do a clean install later).
    the upgrade process was quite smooth and i did not need to get involved much. so far it seems to run pretty smooth (definitely lost the quirky behaviors noticed with vista). hp games is preserved but they discontinued the vista ultimate extras so those didn't carry over :(

4. quantum28

quantum28 Newbie

Reputations:
    at the risk of asking a silly question, did you install any drivers that may have been included with the mouse or usb dongle?

5. DLDude

DLDude Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if the CD drive is removable on this model? If so is there a place for me to buy an inset. I would love to lose the extra weight when I'm traveling.

6. zacharyh687

zacharyh687 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    has any one had any issues with there audio with this laptop? i just installed windows 7 and installed all the latest drivers and the audio is really glitchy sounding and it does the same thing when i plug in head phones or speakers.. also my laptop when at idle the cpu speed lowers down to about 800MHz and i have read that the intel P series processors wont clock below 1.6GHz that is real weird and it never done this when i had vista Home Premium x64

Edit>
    ok i figured out the sound issue it was the latest driver i went back to an older driver that i had downloaded back when i first got this laptop and all is well as far as the sound... but the laptop still is underclocking its self it is still running at idle at 800MHz and a multiplier of x3 and a bus speed of 266 this is strange?? any comments

7. kalte

kalte Newbie

Reputations:
    It can be removed quite easily removing one screw. I don't know where to buy the inset. I know that dv4t comes with one, maybe that one also fits on dv3t

8. AmericanGal

AmericanGal Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've had my dv3t for about 6 months now. It works great but the fan is one thing that annoys me. It's constantly turning on/off (and I changed the "fan always on"setting in the bios). Has anyone updated the bios on this laptop and noticed a change in the fan?

I think that the fan may be more noticable in this laptop because it's small and thus perhaps seems more loud than in a laptop with a larger case.

The only other complaint I've had is that the plastic seam on the lid encasing the LCD seems loose.

Love the size of this laptop. I wonder why it was discontinued? Too similar to the dv4t perhaps?

9. 09ine

09ine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same, maybe I didn't notice it at first, but I could've swore the fan was silent when I first had it. Alas, the fan runs all the time for me despite having it as disabled in the BIOS and having a fully updated BIOS. In the end I've just learned to deal with it.

10. neothe0ne

neothe0ne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Think the dv3t could fetch a higher price in 2 months when HP no longer has any 13" models? :D

I am quite pleased with my dv3t right now. With NVIDIA Verde 197.16 drivers for my G105M, it was like my dv3t got a hardware upgrade in a lot of games, not least StarCraft II.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.