*HP dm3 (1XXX series) Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by ubercool, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjohn

mjohn Newbie

Reputations:
    Any updates on the replacement backlit keyboard for the dm3t 1xxx? This really would be a big improvement! Does it actually have backlit keys?

2. tslany

tslany Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, just want share my overclock of HD4330 in dm3-1120ec :D
    [​IMG]
    With default ntb config I couldn't pass 550/800, but when I increased voltage via BIOS editing (system BIOS, extract it, I found VGA bios and open in RBE, then save everything and flash via fla$hit) from 0.95V to 1.05V I've got this :)

Now I'm looking for way to edit HD3200 BIOS, RBE couldn't find clock setting, but with AMD GPU Tool underclocking gained next 20-30 minutes of battery life (but need run it after every reboot)

3. cameraz

cameraz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Since I got a tablet, I've been using my dm3 1044nr only every other week or so. And when I turn it on the battery is either very low or dead. So I plug in the charger, and charge the battery until it's full.

Well, this past weekend, the battery was dead again, so I plugged in the charger. But this time it wouldn't charge. Crap.

So I went to HP's website to order a new battery, but I couldn't find one for my 1044nr. It may be there, but it's hidden and I can't find it.

So, with a little bit of trepidation, I ordered a new battery here:
    6CELL HP Pavilion dm3-1044nr Battery @ Replacement battery for HP Pavilion dm3-1044nr laptop battery

It seems like a reputable company and they offer a one-year warranty.

Hopefully, I won't have any problems with it.

4. Azaloth

Azaloth Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone successfully swapped out the 7200 RPM HDD in an early model DM3 (i.e. 10** series) for an SSD? If so, which brand of SSD and how smooth was the transition? My HDD just died and I'd like to replace it with an SSD. I've been looking at either the OCZ Vertex 2 or the new SAMSUNG but want to be sure they'll actually work in the PC before I order one.

Thanks in advance.

5. nikeseven

nikeseven Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I seem to be having the same problem with my Dm3t. Overnight turned off, and the battery seems to drain substantially more than it should.

As for a SSD in a Dm3t, really any model should be fine although it doesn't support sata 6gb/s.

6. GustavoAR

GustavoAR Newbie

Reputations:
    I've removed the 7200 RPM HDD from my DM3 1100, and bought an OCZ Vertex 2 (120GB), so far it's working great.

At first I had this weird problem, one random time the notebook wouldn't recognize the drive (that happened one week after I first started to use the SSD), so I did a clean install, updated the BIOS and been happily using it for the last 4 months.

7. XDViPeR

XDViPeR Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone yet figured out a way to overclock the su4100 cpu yet?
    I feel like it's starting to slow down and really don't want to do reinstall of Windows.

8. V_Chip

V_Chip Be about it.

Reputations:
    I'd recommend a clean install of Windows over overclocking anyday.

9. XDViPeR

XDViPeR Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's true but then again, I don't want to have to go through the hassle of reinstalling all my applications again and backing up data and such.

Back when I first had my eye on this laptop, I was excited that I got the intel verison of it, now I want the AMD verison just because of the graphics chip and it should run a lot better than this.

10. waqarhassanpk

waqarhassanpk Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello Everyone.
    I just bought DM3 - 1048la Slightly Used
    The Specs are:

C2D Intel UC7300 1.3Ghz
    3Gb Ram
    320Gb HDD
    Intell 4500 Integrated Graphics

The Condition of the Notebook is just like new....
    I bought it for 377 US$

So My Question is.... Is my purchase good for the bucks?
    I wanted a small, portable with good battery laptop.
    This seemed nice to me.
    Comment.
    PS... This is my first post at this forum :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.