HP Compaq 8510p Setup Password, and using HP DMIFIT utility

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by Lolitsrenzo, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolitsrenzo

Lolitsrenzo Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, to make a long-story short, I pretty much my laptop just magically died and got messed up. It's a HP Compaq 8510p and it's a school laptop so I have 100% responsibility for it and I gotta fix it so the school doesn't charge me. What happened was I was downloading some things onto my laptop (100% sure they weren't viruses) and all of a sudden the internet stopped working, I couldn't disable it, repair it, etc. So I decided to shut down the computer, but when I turned it on it sent me to a black screen (It started up normally) after the HP logo thing, and all it is is just a black screen with a blinking Underscore ( _ ) at the top left of the screen. I found out my BIOS sequence got messed up and now I have to access it and fix it. Unfortunately for me it's a school laptop and it has a Setup Password. It won't let me type anything into the box. So I googled how to fix it and then I came to this site (And thats how my profile was born) and found a fix nando4 had posted on another thread and it was the HP DMFIT Utility. It looked pretty cool so i downloaded it, but since I have minimum knowledge on the Utility and what not, I couldn't get it to work.

So my question is, does anybody know how to work it, can someone give me a thorough tutorial on how to do so, or is there a simpler way of fixing this problem?

Btw, I have tried taking out the CMOS battery for more than 6 hours.

Thanks!

2. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Contact an authorized service point, have proof of ownership ready. That's the best solution you can get here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.