HP 8760w/8770w: Replacing GPU and Switch Non-Dreamcolor monitor for a Dreamcolor

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by mcsey2k1, Oct 20, 2012.

1. kamilo23

kamilo23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Removed pin 18 from both side and no working black screen. You can hear display at back you can see it lights. So what should I do?

2. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Why you have removed a pin?

3. kamilo23

kamilo23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Because the cables are not the same. 8760W got ALS pin, 8770w doesn't. So I removed that pin on the left and right.

4. pipkata

pipkata Newbie

Reputations:
    What do you mean left and right? Left and right on the motherboard connector, ot left - motherboard and right - color board. If you mean the left and the right side of the connector, you've removed some other important wire as well. Maybe this is the reason for not working.

The ALS wire is for the Ambient Light Sensor. If there was a problem of it missing, you would've been lacking or having issues with the back-light and not the picture. I don't think that this pin would be a problem anyway, since on the 8770w it is left unconnected. I think that your problem is elsewhere.

Do you have ALS? Maybe you have to plug that extra cable you pointed at, into the ALS board. Then again you would've had back-light issues and not display/picture.

5. kamilo23

kamilo23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Or maybe I misunderstood and I should removed only pin 18 from one side.

I removed them both. On the pictures down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you said that means I removed unnecessary second pin and I destroyed the cable. :/

I put back one pin but still same story or I put in wrong side.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  6. pipkata

pipkata Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, only one pin should be removed, as only one pin is pin 18, there's no second. As for putting one pin back, are you sure that you put the right pin on the right place?

There should be some kind of designation on the motherboard, which is the first pin and then the 10th or something like that. They might go odd on one side and even on the other. Examine the motherboard connector closely.

7. kamilo23

kamilo23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I checked it and couldn't find. It sucks. :D Time to give up. Buying cable for 8770w dreamcolor is like won 1 million.:mad:

I removed from another side and previous one put back. Still no results. I think it needs lvds cable strict for 8770w.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  8. vanarebane

vanarebane Newbie

Reputations:
    I contacted grape882008 from taobao today to get full DC2 screen (with panel and cables) for my 8570w and he said he will look it up. He even remembered vlex_. So I will write if I get positive deal with him :)

triturbo likes this.
  9. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Keep us updated.

10. kamilo23

kamilo23 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I sill look from one cable. :D But without a luck. :/