HP 8560w and Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by hbootz, Mar 14, 2012.

1. repman244

repman244 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Uninstall the GPU driver and try again, if it doesn't happen again then it's the drivers fault.

2. archigharib

archigharib Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks repman244
    now when i installed updates of Windows i have this problem ; and i resolve it with remove the battery
    why when i remove the battery the problem resolved ?

3. repman244

repman244 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm not sure what exactly could be the problem. If removing the battery fixes the issue it could be something to do with power management...
    The 8560w doesn't officially support Windows 8 yet...it could be chipset drivers, it could be anything. It's best if you wait for all the drivers for Win 8 to be ready.
    It takes a bit longer for workstations to be ready for new OS due to extensive driver testing etc.

4. archigharib

archigharib Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thank you ; since Windows 8 test version and hp do not anything ? ... i will wait

5. repman244

repman244 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You need to remember that this is a Workstation, it's oriented towards stability. Not having tested and certified drivers defeats the whole point of it.

Yes it will take a bit longer but I'm sure that Windows 8 will eventually be fully supported.

6. hbootz

hbootz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I´m running Win 8 Enterprise 64bit for months now without any stability problems or errors.