*HP 2510p Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by master blaster, Feb 13, 2009.

1. 8hours

8hours Newbie

Reputations:
    I own a 2510p with a cracked screen that have been waiting for repairs. I recently bought another one off ebay for a reasonable price. It came without a hard drive.

Today I moved the HDD from my original 2510p into the one that came from ebay. After initial clumsiness and confusion with the ZIF connector i plugged it up, the drive was recognized and the notebook booted into windows. However, the resolution was set to 1024x768 with 4:3 aspect ratio. About 1/4 of the screen, the right most part, seems off. I thought this would be a setting/driver problem in windows, when I realized that it's the same on the boot screen. Also when I enter the bios, it does not appear full screen but seems to use only 1024x768 pixels.

Could this be a software problem caused by the hdd transplantation (windows drivers ?!). How do I reset the resolution to 1280x800 ?

I just ran Linux off a USB pendrive. same problem - max resolution: 1024x768. the screen has definitely 1280x800 resolution.

2. Ted47

Ted47 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you very much! But what if i don't have a soldering device? I'm not an engineer... do i have any other options to connect this two contacts, using what i have in regular home?

3. mmbika

mmbika Newbie

Reputations:
    May be this is not a solution at all, but what I have found is that if I press ESC while booting, it takes to BIOS initial setupvscreen. Then without going into BIOS just press ENTER to continue booting and it boots straight into the OS. I have WIN7-32Bit and 5125GB OCZ Vertex4 SSD in Optical Caddy as MASTER as I have no primary 1/8" SSD installed at all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  4. Headache

Headache Newbie

Reputations:

Hi Ted,

I'm a newbie who's been reading the forum for a while getting a few tips. My 2510 was a 2nd hand buy a few months back and it has lost all the rubbers on it's feet mounts. As I don't have any of the originals, I'm assuming that they protrude a few mms from the plastic surrounds. In my case, if I sit the the unit on a flat surface this loss of height/clearance affects cooling significantly. If I rest the battery on something only 3-4mms thick, to increase clearance under the main body, things improve a huge amount. Something for you to check out?

cheers,

Mman

5. StormHavoc

StormHavoc Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place or the question has already been answered.

I have a HP2510p Intel Core 2 Duo CPU U7600 @ 1.2 Ghz.
    My Bios is dated 08/20/2008 Rom Bios Version F.0D.

I have been reading with great interest about getting a performance increase by using a modded BIOS and/or throttlestop or such util. I would very much appreciate if someone could give me instructions as to how to do this and where to download the Bios an such. I'm not a newbie to upgrading bios just unfamiliar with modded bios and such. I understand the risks involved and as this is a spare laptop am prepared to take such chances.

Many Thanks in advance
    StormHavoc

6. 4eversr

4eversr Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, first i have to admit that i haven't read all 132 pages of this thread, but some of them. :)
    I have bought a used 2510P and i wanted to change the ZIF hdd to an SSD drive.

So i bought a ZIF to msata adapter with JM20330 chip, inserted a 3,3V Sandisk X110 128GB and... the SSD is not recognized at all.
    I upgraded the BIOS from v. F0C to the moded F10 version, but still the SSD is not recognized.

Have i missed something ?

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  7. Larry Mulder

Larry Mulder Newbie

Reputations:

8. 4eversr

4eversr Newbie

Reputations:
    @Larry:
    Hi Larry. - No, i think the cable is mounted correctly. The adapter and of course the zif cable too, have only golden contacts on one site. I have matched them together, so this should not be the issue.

9. Ortovox

Ortovox Newbie

Reputations:
  10. tomket

tomket Newbie

Reputations:
    SOLVED.
    thx

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020