*HP 2510p Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by master blaster, Feb 13, 2009.

1. KrypteX

KrypteX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great numbers there for a 32 GB drive ! So it seems that the previous ZIF-mSATA adapter was broken from the get-go ? Or did you do something else with the new adapter ?

PS: and please stay on firmware 000F, don't even think about moving to 04MH. I had a lot of troubles on a regular 2.5" Crucial M4 with going from 000F to 01MG and then 04MH.

2. DonnieH

DonnieH Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for that. Looks like the original adapter was broken from the word go and I replaced it with another. I'll stay on 000F as advised. Thanks agin

3. _Cyber_

_Cyber_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yesterday i fixed the msata adapters with hot glue into the laptop.
    only onto the case on the left side (I glued exactly below the PCIe connector of the msata adapter onto the small base of the laptop case), not on the mainboard. on the mainboard side of the adapters I made two flat points with hot glue to prevent banging the hard adapter to the mainboard.

2510p:
    [​IMG]

nc2400:
    [​IMG]

4. KrypteX

KrypteX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great pics, _Cyber_ !!!
    What kind of hot glue did you use ? I have never used that stuff before....

5. Keye Luke

Keye Luke Newbie

Reputations:
    Is this file and the other modded BIOS files still accessible anywhere? The Mediafire link reports: This file is currently set to private. The file is 2510P-F10-SP52914-SLIC21-nowhitelist-dualIDA-fan40pct.rar This is referenced in post #461 - Modified HP 2510P BIOS

I've recently inherited a 2510p and I'd like to give this a try.

Thank you.

6. _Cyber_

Reputations:
    Hot-melt adhesive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I used normal household ware, nothing specil. in general i like hot glue, it's a bit elastic after cooling down, it's normally very strong (of course depends of underground) and if I want it is normally completely removeable. ;)

7. stu1974

stu1974 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi guys,i hope you can help me...i recently replaced the motherboard in my 2510p,everything is back where it should be but i get a problem when i try to install windows,its not recognising my hard drive,i have bought a new drive and get the same problem,the guy who sold me the mb said it might need the bios flashing which i was looking into doing,thing is in the meantime a"friend" messed about with the bios settings and now the screen doesnt come on when i boot up the machine,he cant remember what he did and i cant remember the sequence to set defaults blind,i would really appreciate some advice or a solution to my problems,thanks in advance

8. stu1974

stu1974 Newbie

Reputations:
    got past this problem now but it still doesnt recognise the hard drive,i'm at the end of what i know so i need your help plz, thanks

9. _Cyber_

Reputations:
    maybe the ZIF connector between mainboard and HDD is dead?

10. stu1974

stu1974 Newbie

Reputations:
    i have tried a new connector,it was the first thing i did (was hoping it would be the cheaper option lol) but it did nothing.could it be a bios problem,the guy who sold me the laptop said that could be the problem and that he had only tested it as far as booting to bios and not with a hard drive.thanks