[HowTo] SO-DIMMs Extreme: Boost 1600 to 2133 and beyond / JEDEC & XMP

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by James D, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The guides look interesting, but what about including actually how to flash the modules? I don't see the procedure to do that anywhere?

2. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I just can't make myself edit that huge first post again. you have no idea how does it look like when I press edit button:(

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Lol, shiny, testing, will leave thanks.

5. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    use something like word or an external editor to edit it. it's what i did for the m18x benchmark thread.
    or
    when in edit mode...expand it out super wide and use ctrl f to find a good edit point you are looking for...:)

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

trolol?

533mhz modules to 800mhz.

Because my bios lets me individually select profiles I can just write XMP profiles, if it fails I reset my bios and it goes back to standard timings.

7. residualvoltage

residualvoltage Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    for now I have my Samsung on tighter timings running nicely. They are flashed as Corsair with the timing table so they use tight timings at lower speeds...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. dadik

dadik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, Can somebody do me a small favour and mod my samsung 1333 dump to make it use 1333 timings on 1066 ? honestly i just need correct CRC. I would be very thankful. (one stick altered is enough, so second one will run on same setting right ?)

I have stock 2x2gb modules (micron/samsung) they separately run quite good on 1333 at 1066 timings but not in dual channel I even bought 2x4 kingston hyperX 1600 kit but those modules cant handle it not even solo so I returned them.

I am sorry for OT.
    and one question, is it possible by altering spd table voltage to force laptop to increase voltage for ram ?

thanks

Attached Files:

9. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    So you want to make them slower? CL9 @ 1066?

Voltage can only be altered when we use XMP profiles, otherwise only via your sBios.

10. residualvoltage

residualvoltage Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    my friend i've had most likely the same Kingston and they do work flawlessly at 1600mhz... its not really shown or documented but the XMP Hyperx at 1600mhz could require up to 1.65v often run on much less but unless you tried that there good chance the chips would have worked... but they could have been damaged in which case a replacement set would have done you better than the ram you are attempting to work with.

In the end we are using the bios to set the ram voltage beyond plain 1.5v so I am unsure on that.

I'm not sure I understand how you need the THP altered... your chips btw should run in Dual channel...

well you might want to have someone make sure this will work first but I put 533 timing into the 1333 table but the side effect is the other timings are all lower so I'd proceed with caution these may not let you boot the chips at 533 anymore then? here is pic left side is whats in this modded thp and the table on the right is what your timing table looks like stock also you may notice 400mhz didn't even show then... perhaps a seasoned veteran can jump in and help?

[​IMG]

I almost thought that but he wants 1033 timings on his 1333mhz profile making them much tighter... not sure I did so correct. Prema does the pic look correct... all i used was the timing table and updated hex editor

i dont know I noticed the spd revision changed from 1.0 to 1.1?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.