HOWTO: Install Windows 7 on a CF-18 mk1

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by rcx, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moiloon

moiloon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    also just fitted a aftermarket screen to my cf-18 mk 4, easy 30 minute job and everthing working great,
    using this tutorial on youtube
    as on this mk 4 (touchscreen,windows 7 installed) I was suffering from anytime I touched the touchscreen my mouse would go straight to bottom right corner, bad screen
    im now a happy camper :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  2. moiloon

Reputations:
    right i need a little help, on my mk4 touchscreen, I cannot get the tablet buttons to work, everthing else works great, I believe the touchscreen needs the hotkey plus driver and manager to get these working, but when installing the hotkey plus driver to the unknown device in device manager tells me its blocked due to compatability issues, how do I overcome this??

3. moiloon

Reputations:
    no one got any ideas how to get the tablet buttons to work on my mk4
    really has got me beat, I think ive tried just about all the drivers available

4. mateau70

mateau70 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all
    My CF18 MK4 is working really smooth with Win7 Ult and this very good instruction. Sometimes it was a little challenge but most the time things went fine. Everything is working including a new HD SSD Transcend 128GB.
    Many thanks to rcx

5. moiloon

Reputations:
    has no one got an image to upload of a mk4 touchscreen with windows 7 installed,
    I have tried numerous ways to get the tablet buttons to work on my mk4 touchscreen , but to no avail
    im now desperate
    alls well on my digitiser with 7 installed, all functioning correct
    but the dam touchscreen is a b***h to get the tablet buttonds working

6. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    This website prohibits us from discussing/sharing drive images.

ALL touchscreen/hotkey/video drivers MUST MUST MUST be official Panasonic releases.

Try Vista drivers if Panasonic released them for a CF18. If not try Vista drivers for a CF19 mk1..

As stated 100's of times on the board, To eliminate compatibility warning, after you download the official Panasonic driver , use winzip or 7zip to extract the driver package from the downloaded file....Yes I know it's an exe file...Yes it is an archive...
    After the files are extracted you can install them on anything you want to with NO warnings...
    If Windoze if throwing the warnings and not the driver package hit the install anyway button...

7. moiloon

Reputations:
    ive tried the above steps cf-19 drivers are tablet button, and tablet button manager,
    I need hot key plus drivers and hotkey plus manager I believe for touchscreen model?
    someone correct me if im wrong

8. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.