1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

how to remove game from steam library?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by fantomasz, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Mostly Harmless...

Reputations:
    Yep, once you bought it, it remains in that account forever. That is my one gripe about steam. Seems you should at least be able to gift it to someone or have a Steam used games section, even if only Valve takes some money for the transaction.

2. lozanogo

lozanogo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Or at least there should be a sub-window where the not installed/unwanted such that in your games list you have only the ones you like. I don't have a ton of games on Steam but it becomes difficult as you keep adding more games even if you only played recently a couple or so.

3. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You do know that you can add games to your favorites so that you only see the ones on your favorite list...

4. lozanogo

lozanogo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is it? Ha, I'll try that later. I got tired of having tens of games on that list which I don't play anymore.

5. Bearclaw

Bearclaw Steaming

Reputations:
    Lol... welcome to the club.

6. The Happy Swede

The Happy Swede Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I know, thats why they have that Feature ; ) you can minimize the non Favorited or Favorited section, so that you can easily manage what you want and dont want to see :) Just right click the game and then "Add to favorites". Hope it helps ;)

7. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    You can send a request to Steam Support, and they'll remove games for you.

8. Texanman

Texanman Master of all things Cake

Reputations:
    why would you want to get rid of something you spent money on?! seems kinda stupid to me... But if you want to filter your games you can select different categorys for your games... from there just put the games you do not want to play anymore into a list and just minimize it

9. fantomasz

fantomasz Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    why?
    peoples have old games that they don't play anymore
    to many games on the list it's hard to search for game to play

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Mostly Harmless...

Reputations:
    You can categorize them, but it doesn't save it to your account, so you have to recategorize on each machine you have it on and do it again if you reinstall Steam. To be honest, imho, this is where Steam fails big time. Their GUI is ancient and featureless. Their backup system is horrible too.