How to properly update your nVIDIA graphics card driver

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Phoenix, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nice one. You could have deleted unwanted folders like here http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-drivers-v385-69-whql-findings-fixes.809155/
    Since you install GFE separately, deleting those unwanted files like @j95 showed us, would create only some entries related to NV Shield and GFE.
    Let me ask you this, is there any reason you are disabling in game overlay of GFE? If you aren't using GFE overlay for FPS, screen recording etc then GFE isn't needed. You can get Battery boost settings in nvidia inspector.
    One more question (because you're a nice guy) were you able to get vulkan running on Intel iGPU, because whenever I tried on Optimus based system the performance was pathetic and I had to use nvidia's vulkan driver installer to get a decent FPS.

3. plee82

plee82 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nothing special, I have been just installing it on top of the current version for 10 years without any problem. I always install the driver and physix only, nothing else.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I have always installed Nvidia’s Alpha drivers the way @j95 do it. Fast and clean:cool: And why bother with Msconfig for boot into safe mode? Too many steps for me.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Neil_Hines

Neil_Hines Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, everyone mentions briefly about how can we update Nvidia Graphic card driver. I'm also using Nvidia but did know how to update the driver.

Phoenix and Papusan like this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed the guide.

[​IMG]

Vasudev and Papusan like this.