1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

How to order from dell US for non US citizens

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by mfractal, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stelxz

stelxz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, because the original post was removed :)

Also I asked by chat a Dell representative and got told they don't sell to mail forwarding services... or we could just use them without them knowing it is one. Will it be a problem hm?

PS: thanks I will check the new outside link now.

2. foxsick

foxsick Newbie

Reputations:
    Excuse me, I dont understand what does international card mean? I'm from Russia, I have Mastercard Debit card from my Bank(sberbank). How can I decide: is my card international or no? I use paypal with ebay without any problems.
    P.S. Will dell.com work with entropay virtual visa card?

3. HerrKaputt

HerrKaputt Elite Notebook User

Reputations:
    I posted a thread on Dell's IdeaStorm website about this problem, although only specific to the Dell Outlet. IMO the Dell Outlet is more of a problem regarding international sales because AFAIK there are two outlets: in the US and in the UK. This shuts down most all of continental Europe, Latin America, Asia, etc.

What I propose there is basically that Dell should ship Outlet systems internationally, automatically transferring the warranty to the destination country, and offering to replace the keyboard with a keyboard of the appropriate language (for a price).

If you guys want to say to Dell that they should ship Outlet systems internationally, commenting on that thread and voting it up (if you approve) or down (if you don't) is a good place to start. Don't let the "acknowledged" tag discourage you from commenting/rating that thread; it means only that this idea has entered this system, but it doesn't mean that someone actually looked at it.

4. weirdguy

weirdguy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am planning to get M4600 from US as well.
    Any Luck in getting through?

I faced the same issue - no mail forwarding services and only allow US-Billing address.

5. Patyau2

Patyau2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm from hk and buying Alienware from hk costs 16000 while getting it from the us costs 13-14k, without tax and shipping. Do you still think it is more worth it to get it from hk?

6. Prasad

Prasad NBR Reviewer 1337 NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    What happened to the OP ?????

7. aj.jain

aj.jain Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is nothing in your first post now!!
    Can you please pm me??

Thanx:)

8. Tachyonic

Tachyonic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Wow this is a long dead thread. Does anyone know why the OP had removed the original posts information?
    I am in Canada and I want to order from the Dell US because they have better promotions and deals than the current ones available here. Is it possible to have an Alienware ordered from the US and delivered to Canada without being directed to Dell Canada?