How to order from dell US for non US citizens

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by mfractal, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfractal

    mfractal T|I

    Reputations:
    1,946
    Messages:
    2,890
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    55
    Content not available here anymore.
     
  2. Ikuto

    Ikuto Notebook Deity

    Reputations:
    30
    Messages:
    724
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    30
    How much are your Import taxt and duties?
     
  3. DR650SE

    DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

    Reputations:
    7,339
    Messages:
    8,129
    Likes Received:
    79
    Trophy Points:
    216
    Great thread, I know it should help out a lot of customers here since this is an international community and I see a lot of questions on it.

    +1 Rep ;)
     
  4. got2bel82day

    got2bel82day Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    0
    Messages:
    150
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    30
    thanks a lot for this information :D
     
  5. Rotsu

    Rotsu Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    0
    Messages:
    278
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    30
    This is exactly what i did to get mine too :)
    When i was talking to the dell guy, i told him if you want to contact me, use my email which he did, that also works i guess.
     
  6. Megacharge

    Megacharge Custom User Title

    Reputations:
    2,221
    Messages:
    2,384
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Very nice you've given me a way to save 400 dollars!

    Thank you sir, +rep.
     
  7. mfractal

    mfractal T|I

    Reputations:
    1,946
    Messages:
    2,890
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    55
    Import tax is just 1% but there is also the equivalent of VAT which is 16%. So a total of 17%. But in my case I own a small consulting business so the taxes are business expense.

    actually who called me is their financial department rep, trying to verify my details. She asked me the name of my bank, phone number of my bank and many more details.
    I doubt she would authorize the transaction through email.
    She also asked me to provide a corporate email address, gmail was not enough.
     
  8. EviLCorsaiR

    EviLCorsaiR Asura

    Reputations:
    970
    Messages:
    2,674
    Likes Received:
    143
    Trophy Points:
    81
    If they overprice the M11x as much as they did the M17x for international Dell (over US dell) I might just use this. I already have a US postbox that can post it to me.

    The problems would be the phone and international credit card though.

    I'd be interested to see if email confirmation was possible with this.

    And even with high shipping costs you can make a saving. I live out in the Middle East and buying my M17 through Alienware UK (before the complete merge with Dell) cost me 193 euros shipping to where I live, but I still saved money over what it would have cost me in the UK because there was 15% tax there at the time and there's no tax here :D
     
  9. mfractal

    mfractal T|I

    Reputations:
    1,946
    Messages:
    2,890
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    55
    There's also a wire transfer option available afaik.
    And the phone number can be forwarded to your phone as i explained. Or do you have a problem i am not aware of ?

    Hope I can help as many people as possible get their hands on their desired machines. :)
     
  10. own3d

    own3d Notebook Evangelist

    Reputations:
    73
    Messages:
    445
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    30
    Nice thread, Have some Rep :)
     
Similar Threads: order dell
Forum Title Date
Alienware Alienware: Ordering from Dell is *Impossible* Nov 13, 2013
Alienware Dell free $200.00 gift card when ordering alienware 17 or 18 Sep 11, 2013
Alienware Ordering from Dell US, shipping to Europe Aug 24, 2013
Alienware What the he'll - Dell? Can someone please help me with my order? Feb 9, 2011
Alienware ordering from dell singapore Jan 1, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page