How to Optimize Any Sony VAIO With a Semi-Clean Install

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by NinjaNoodles, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaNoodles

NinjaNoodles Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sony really needs to stop force-feeding all this crap to their customers.

2. cadetcabrera

cadetcabrera Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello. I'm having a problem when I did a clean install on my SONY TZ 190N/B Laptop.

What I did: I installed An original Vista Business CD and used the vista password under my TZ 190 Laptop. Everything installed smoothly. Then, I uploaded all the drivers and applications... However, My hotkeys are NOT working!!! (ie: Volume display, Adjusting screen brightness display, zooming in, etc!!)

Here's what happens. I install the "SONY UTILITIES" driver that controls the hotkeys... after it is finished installing... The KEYS WORK!!!!! BUT......... The second I RESTART windows and go back to the startup screen... The HOTKEYS NO LONGER WORK!!! So then.. I tried to install the drivers again... and once it is finished BEFORE Restarting.. it works.... BUT AGAIN... the minute I restart and go back... it doesnt work!!!

AHHHH!!1 Someone please help me!!!!! The drivers I used are the ones downloaded off the website. Not the ones from my recovery cd.

IN ADDITION... I have been getting real word caution windows.. such as :

(not word for word)

1) CAUTION: Seems like your battery is not the correct model.. or it is not installed correctly... press ok to put the computer in hibernate mode.. then remove the battery and reinstall it.

2) Microsoft.NET Framework... C: unable to load C:etc../etc./// SONY UTILITIES/etc../etc... (<-- something like that)

Can some please help me answer these quesitons/problems????

1) How can I fix the hotkey malfunctioning I'm having. All I wanted was a clean instlal of vista business so I can take out all the sony bloatware.. and this is what happens... ?

2) Are the drivers on the website the same as the recovery disc drivers ( a Rep at sonystyle store said the recovery drivers are different from the websites)

3) How do i fix my above explained battery issue?

4) How do I fix my issue regarding Microsoft.NET Framework?? Do i really need that in my computer??

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP PLEASE!!!

3. ScuderiaConchiglia

ScuderiaConchiglia NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    This is a thread for folks doing the SEMI CLEAN install. There is another thread for folks doing a full clean install on a TZ. You will have better luck asking these questions there.

Gary

4. NinjaNoodles

Reputations:
    Thanks, Gary. I was going to say the same.

5. Kaze

Kaze Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I still have around 70 processes running after the semi clean install. Here's the list on my taskbar.

Activation manager
    apmsgfwd.exe
    apntex.exe
    apoint.exe
    ccp.exe
    csrss.exe
    dwm.exe
    explorer.exe
    ISBMgf.exe
    jusched.exe
    mobsync.exe
    MSASCui.exe
    Powermanagement.exe
    psqltray.exe
    reader_sl.exe
    rundll32.exe
    rundll32.exe
    sidebar.exe
    sidebar.exe
    SmartWiToggle.exe
    SmartWiToggletproxy.exe
    SPMgr.exe
    taskengr.exe
    taskeng.exe
    taskmgr.exe
    ThirdPartAppMGr.exe
    TosA2dp.exe
    TosBtHid.exe
    TosBtHSP.exe
    TosBtMng.exe
    UIManager.exe
    upeksvr.exe
    VAIOUpdt.exe
    VESMgrSub.exe
    winlogon.exe

Anything idea why I have 70 processes still?

6. NinjaNoodles

Reputations:
    Kaze, how many did you start with, and what model do you have?

7. mickliq

mickliq Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did this on my new Sony SZ650 and it runs well. I installed only the "needed" Sony utilities after the semi-clean install and everything (Bluetooth, Camera, Wifi, etc) are working well, knock on wood.

I even have a decent picture on my Dell 2407 widescreen from the VGA port...waiting for my port replicator with DVI to arrive.

I somehow have to get a modded Nvidia driver on here, the standard Sony/Nvidia one just isn't that great (lots of "flickering" which is common to Vista...and stuttering during movie playback).

M

8. syusukee

syusukee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Didn't follow the semi-clean install process but when I did a clean install using my Vista Business cd, after installing a few drivers I also got the

"1) CAUTION: Seems like your battery is not the correct model.. or it is not installed correctly... press ok to put the computer in hibernate mode.. then remove the battery and reinstall it."

Obviously taking the battery in and out didn't fix anything. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I just reformated again so I'll see how it goes..

9. NinjaNoodles

Reputations:
    THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR CLEAN INSTALL SUPPORT. There are plenty of threads on this forum that have what you need. This is about a SEMI-CLEAN install. It's totally different.

10. Furia

Furia Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I wasn't going to do semi/ clean install until I saw the topic of someone saying his device manager only see T7500 instead of T7700 CPU....

now I am going have to do a semi clean install. and this guide is helps a lot . thanks

do you know any uninstalling program that will even remove registry?