How to Load Windows 7 on a CF-30 MK1 Model

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Toughbook, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gray-beard

gray-beard Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The biggest problem was trying to get touch calibrated. XP works so good and never could 7 to be as fluid and do as good.
    Also hot keys were finicky and didn't work the same each time I adjusted with them.

2. gray-beard

gray-beard Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    OK never say never. Stuck on one last thing and need help.
    I can't get the GPS patch to be accepted by the registry. I don't seem to have permission and get an error to that effect.
    What and how do I change permissions so I can do that.

Thanks
    Bob

3. Toughbook

Toughbook Drop and Give Me 20!

Reputations:
    Bob,

You just need to download another type. I think I downloaded the GPS Patch for an MK3... Just make sure you have the GPS disabled in the BIOS when you apply the patch... Then reboot and turn it back on...

4. Azrial

Azrial Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    OK, I am confused.:confused: I installed Win7-Pro and then reflashed to the Vista BIOs. Yes, I know that I was not supposed to do it in that order, but I did. Anyway, all of the Win7 included drivers work fine on my install so far! My hotkeys work as well. My Touchscreen even works, but needs calibration.

So, Why are we installing the old Panasonic sound, touchpad, and video drivers? Am I missing something? Is there some sort of nasty conflict waiting on me down the road if I don't use the older Panasonic drivers? Everything is working in Device Manager except, "Biometric CoProcessor" and two "Unknown Device(s)." I am pretty sure that the Biometric Co Processor" is my fingerprint reader, but have not figured out what the other two are yet...
    BTW one "unknown device" is Hardware ID *MAT0019 and the second is *MAT0021. EDIT: Hotkey driver is MAT0019 and Misc driver is MAT0021. Also, why when we go to edit own posts do we lose the ENTER key function? :mad:

5. Azrial

Azrial Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have everything working on the Windows 7 side now! This page was very helpful in getting the Fingerprint Reader working! I found a FTP of the software that is loaded on the Toughbooks here, but am unsure of which version that we need for Win7 on the Toughbook. Check it out here!

6. hellmoneky

hellmoneky Newbie

Reputations:
    I hope someone is still watching this thread. I have 2 cf30s that need to be upgraded to win 7. I have everything downloaded, but I cant get win 7 to even install. During setup, at the part before you select a hard drive to install too, I am getting prompted for a driver. The message is "A required CD/DVD driver device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

I looked through Robs driver list and on Panasonics website, but there is no driver for a CD/DVD driver. I am using an OEM copy of win 7. Is there a Panasonic version somewhere that I can download?

7. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    What's your full model numbers from main page of bios.

FYI for the MK1 you need Vista bios and ec. L20 L11 if memory serves. (MK1 only)

Don't worry, someones always watching. :)

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Jeff

8. hellmoneky

hellmoneky Newbie

Reputations:
    its a cf-30caqadbm. I already flashed the bios to the Vista bios this morning. Im using a cf-vdrrt3 drive. Ive tried using a different external cd drive, but Panasonic bios will not boot off of a non-Panasonic dvd drive, at least any of the ones available to me. Im in the process of making a bootable usb key to see if that works.

9. hellmoneky

hellmoneky Newbie

Reputations:
    Good news, booting from a USB flash drive worked. Win 7 is installing. I will update again for the community if I come across any other problems.

10. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Direct from Microsoft.
    Causes of this error are
    This issue occurs for one of the following reasons:

The installation DVD is removed during the setup process.
    A low-quality DVD was used to create the installation DVD.
    The speed at which the installation DVD was burned was too fast.
    The DVD drive cannot read the media.
    The ISO file is corrupted.

Solutions are

To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation:

Burn the installation DVD at a slower speed.
    Use a better quality DVD to create the installation DVD.
    Update the BIOS firmware for your DVD drive.
    Use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool to create a bootable USB flash drive, and then use the USB flash drive to install Windows.

To troubleshoot this issue, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation:

Run the DVD on a different computer to determine whether the DVD works correctly.
    Test your DVD drive by using an official Windows installation DVD.
    Attach the ISO file to a virtual machine to check whether it is corrupted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.