How to Install Sony VAIO SZ Drivers and Utilities on a Clean Windows XP Pro OS

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by bogart, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. green_boy

green_boy Newbie

Reputations:
    I need they help. I search driver for my laptop sony vaio sz430

[​IMG].

2. green_boy

green_boy Newbie

Reputations:
    I need this files: Sonypi.sys and SonyNC.sys

3. sineda

sineda Newbie

Reputations:
    The UPEK Protector Suite QL v5.8.2 link is dead, can anyone upload it somewhere, please? Really need it.

4. Becidyan

Becidyan Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear Bogart:

I know that I am asking you this question a bit late, but I just came upon your excellent instructions as to how to downgrade to Windows XP Pro from Vista for a Sony Vaio SZ780 and any help you could give would be much appreciated.

When I click on any of the URL's that you have in your post I get a "Page Load Error" and the shortened URL that you have used do not work. I have tried it both on Firefox 3.0.1 and IE 7.0.5730 version with the same result.

Is there anyway I could get your post with the full URL addresses?

Thank you very much.

A. Nurhan Becidyan

5. bogart

bogart Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Which country are you from? Try switching DNS servers: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.202.202, 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2. If that doesn't work, add an entry to your hosts file in %windir%\system32\drivers\etc for tinyurl.com.

Name: tinyurl.com
    Addresses: 195.66.135.131, 85.255.210.131

As a last resort, try using Opera.

6. Becidyan

Becidyan Newbie

Reputations:
    I am in New Jersey

7. Becidyan

Becidyan Newbie

Reputations:
    I found the culprit! It was Zonealarm which was blocking Tinyurl.com from loading.
    Another question, do I have to do anything different with the 7800 chipset?

A. Nurhan Becidyan

8. koreancow

koreancow Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks so much!! i fixed everything after i reformated the computer! but im still having problems with the video driver. it still says failed to update the driver, or just doenst work in general! i tried downloading the file from video2go forums, and also the sony site, but none of them work. does anyone know what to do?

9. Yehe

Yehe Newbie

Reputations:
    Need some help with a downgrade from Vista to XP, basicly everything is fine except for 2 annoying issue after I degraded my VISTA to XP on my VGN-SZ68.

First problem is that seems like I can't establish a User account anymore after the OS switch, I think I am always at the general account, everytime I log on to Windows, no name/password or fingerprint thing appear, but 2 message that last 30sec each says no path directory exist, proberbly caused by lack of security access etc., really got no clue why this happens, since I am the administrator account, annoying thing is without a real personal account, alot of programs can't be installed either, anyone have any experience with this? pls give me some help:) Would really precieate it.

2nd problem is that I can't seems to play any AVI file movies anymore, despite that I installed the newest codec and program, I use MPCstar from MPCstar.com, works fine on my other laptop with XP and on this one when I used VISTA, but now it's only show sound and not picture, however I suspect this have something to do with problem number 1 as well.

Anyone help is welcome atm, I am kinda desperate, if this doesn't work I will have no choice but return to VISTA:(

10. bogart

bogart Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How did you install the video driver? Try to be as descriptive as possible.

Press winkey+r and type "Control Userpasswords2" (case sensitive). Make sure that the option to ask for a username and password is checked and verify that your account is under the Administrators group. You can use this boot CD to elevate groups to any account, if you have no access to administrator accounts.

Regarding your second problem, which codec pack did you install? What kind of AVI is it? Uninstall MPCStar and all installed codecs, then try CCCP and upgrade the included Media Player Classic with Media Player Classic Home Cinema. Also check the FFDShow video decoder settings and make sure that libavcodec is selected for the type of video you're trying to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.