how to get Bluetooth working in windows 7

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Barn, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barn

Barn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ok,

for those of you trying to get the dell bluetooth driver to install in windows 7, here's what i did! (M6400)

right click on the file file you downloaded from dell and click the " TROUBLESHOOT COMPATIBILITY" option.

tick the program worked in earlier version of windows, click next, then select windows vista, click next and next again to install the driver

done :)

2. Nyceis

Nyceis Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Cool - thanks for posting this - I'm going to putting Windows 7 on my m6400 later this week. Tips are always nice. I was hoping that W7 would have built in support for the m6400's Bluetooth so you didn't need to install the Dell package.

Oh well :)

N

3. SpeedyMods

SpeedyMods Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On my E6400, I started the installation of the BT driver, and when the propts came up to go through the installation, Win7 automatically found the base driver in the installation package and installed BT on its own. I cancelled the installation and now BT works, but with the much better interface that Microsoft has instead of the Dell one.

Greg

4. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    hmm interesting thanks for the info :D

5. Furyan

Furyan Newbie

Reputations:
    I just downloaded this file (BT Drivers: MICROSOFT_WINDOWS-VISTA-SP1-_A01_R204794) and followed the instructions above, driver fails. Says it doesn't apply to my machine, but it does as I pulled it from Dell's page for my Service Tag.

I have got this to work, I was downloading the wrong file. If you are running Dell E6400 and 370 Bluetooth mini-card the driver you need follows, make sure you follow what is outlined in earlier posts when you run it. Click Here

6. Saosin7

Saosin7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    To those of you who've gotten it to work;
    Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Win7?

7. geewhipped

geewhipped Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm running win7 7100 64 on my M6400... Installed the Dell 410 drivers (R197543) and they just work (device shows up as a 370 in the device mgr), far as I can tell. I'm using a BT mouse with it right now.

8. Saosin7

Saosin7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Okay I will try that driver, thanks!

Edit: Won't work, could be because I have the 365 and not the 370...

9. Kayless

Kayless Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm running Win7 7100 64 and can't seem to get the bluetooth to work on my 410. I'll see if this works.

10. LPTP-LVR

LPTP-LVR Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    After installing the 7100 build my BT mouse worked straight away, but not fully. The scroll wheel did nothing and in the normal mouse setting i couldn't change that. Didn't have anything bluetooth related in the control panel but that changed after installing the drivers in compatibilty mode...then all was back as normal