how to flash your bios with dos using a usb stick:

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by zfactor, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

Reputations:
    well once extracted its a .7sh file. i renamed it to .wph and opened it. it is a full bios file. im looking around now..

2. kaltmond

kaltmond Clepple

Reputations:
    Hopefully u can find a way to update the entire BIOS.:)

3. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

Reputations:
    hmmmmm i see where the cpu overclocking is disabled or enabled...

4. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

Reputations:
    so updating to 1.00.08 does not add the keyboard firmware i thought it did?? i never checked for that because i thought it was part of the .08 bios??

it IS a full bios file once renamed to .wph and will flash that way... not sure whats been changed from .06 since i dont have that, im looking for the gpu overclocking lockout stuff now. i see where we can change the overclocking of the cpu though... it can be changed but not sure at what expense of heat but yeah i see where its set to 3x now. and i can change that but i dont think id try more than that with this cooler as i know my x9000 gets hot now not even overclocked..not sure what you meant for me to look at under advanced tab?..looking to see what they did to lock out the gpu overclocking now that i have this and .08 open at the same time

5. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

Reputations:
    here is 1.00.07sh with the keyboard fix and full flash. simply use refresh command. i have not tried it since im not home but it should work fine.

this is for those that didnt want to go to 1.00.08 this does have the style note logo but that can easily be changed out for something else:

http://rapidshare.com/files/112839512/1.00.07sh_full.rar

6. kaltmond

kaltmond Clepple

Reputations:
    Hi Z, u didnt understand what i mean, sorry for my bad english. This 07SH is a full BIOS file, but when u flash it, it will ONLY update KB FW, not the full BIOS.

7. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

Reputations:
    i just used it and my bios said 1.00.07 ???? i went from .08 to .07 but i flashed it renamed as the .08 bios ??? not sure why it worked then my settings went back to default also.. i guess maybe its the same as the .06 bios and maybe all that was changed was the fan firmware?? not sure since i dont have the 06 to look at.. im playing with the oc options now :D

8. kaltmond

kaltmond Clepple

Reputations:
    Did u get the 3x option?

9. zfactor

zfactor Mastershake

Reputations:
    no. there has to be something else going on. im looking at it more now. i changed the bios to include the options and i could see them but they were greyed out on me. so at least that is a start. they were all listed there but i could not select them. im going to work more on it tomm.. but it did show the options on the list. just cant figure out why they were greyed out like that

10. kaltmond

kaltmond Clepple

Reputations:
    That´s strange....I cant even update the entire BIOS. When type phlash16 it only updated the KB FW, only a few seconds... How did u do that full flash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.