How to find the clock generator (PLL) in your notebook/desktop.

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by moral hazard, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moral hazard

moral hazard Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I have the same problem as you have.

But the funny thing is that I can find the pll in the schematics, but it's not on the motherboard.

Looks like sandy bridge systems really do have the pll integrated into the CPU.

2. capitankasar

capitankasar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    :(

it seems that sandy bridge users are screwed relating to OC >.<

arrgg, I needed to OC this so badly, dolphin emulator was 90% speed in some games, and I'm sure with OC the problem would be fixed.

well, maybe I can still disable hyperthreading with some bios hacking (current bios doesnt let me to disable HT >.<)

3. MiRO1993_2010

MiRO1993_2010 Newbie

Reputations:
    First of all thank you to all those involved in the this site
    I have IBM Intellistation 9228, I opened the case and found a chip that written on it Winbond, I think this is the PLL
    8374LF2-D/M1 A4

The problem is that I didn't found this PLL in setfst nor cpucool nor speedfan
    Coud any one help me what to do next ?

4. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    I found out that the most recent shareware version of SetFSB can overclock my netbook!

But when I try to pay, I get this:

"Currently PayPal accounts in Japan are only able to send payments. This recipient is not eligible to receive funds."

UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH

5. joy5593

joy5593 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi I was looking for clock generator in block schematic, and I found :
    BL10-6050A2332401-MB-A03.png

So my PLL : ICS9LPRS3197, and SetFSB don't have that PLL number.
    Any suggestion ?

6. arayz

arayz Newbie

Reputations:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551079_10151559244156539_733573136_n.jpg

Hí this is my pll have googled it no info AT ALLL, if someone helps me overclock my pc im sure i could donate some cash!

intel 6 chipset i5 2500 Q67, Motherboard HP 1495 , cant clock with TME READBACK, i tried overwriting it in setpll dont work nothing happends no crash at all just restores back, RW cant read my SMBUS, but BAR-EDIT 3.2 can but cant handle that program good, Have also tried ALL PLLS in CPU COOL and SETFSB, some PLLS says it can be nicely adjust but when i press getfsb nothing happends!

7. fazil

fazil Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have HGL30, I know it's pretty old laptop, but trying to get best out of it to this day and practice some overclocking. I have read a lot of threads on this matter, but didnt find any specific information on ocing this model, and if its really possible to ocing with software, I am also willing to diassemble to do proper ocing, but hopefully the software works. After doing a lot of research I've managed to get the PLL id which if for yonah model although I have merom T7200 but I'm guessing motherboard and the clock generator should be same. If you guys need I can also send you the datasheet link for it. Anyway the PLL for this Unit is SLG8LP465VTR but there is no PLL setting for it in setFSB. It would be great if anybody with broad knowledge could help me with this. I am trying to overclock cpu, ram as well as The GPU, recently I ordered 2 * 2gb 800mhz ram althought my unit is set for 667mhz. so altogether trying to test n get the best out of this old model. Please dont be shy to give me any new link to any tools that might help get best out of this Unit.

Thanks in Advance!

Sorry to post this again in this thread! HELP!

8. Hammad Saif

Hammad Saif Newbie

Reputations:
    Yo people this is the screenshot of my getfsb pll diagnosis please help me i dont know what is my pll im new in OC.. and can you people tell me what should i do next? i want to overclock my q6600 2.44ghz and my cpu is dell optiplex 755 pll.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.