How to Enable Intel VT and AHCI on a Napa/Santa Rosa platform Phoenix BIOS Vaio laptop

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by bogart, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenL

StevenL Newbie

Reputations:
    For an NVRAM Master List with AHCI & DEP registers included, please go to:
    [NVRAM Request Thread] VT & AHCI NVRAM Register Master List
    This master list is a copy of Gary's master list, but with the AHCI & DEP registers added as well. All credit for the original creation of the list as well as the collecting/finding of >95% of the VT registers goes to him. All I did was add AHCI & DEP registers and post it to another BIOS-modding site.

My username on bios-mods is "Sml6397".

2. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi. Sorry to bring this up but I also have upgraded to a T7200. It's the same CPU but a different laptop. emachines e520. Same situation as this guy:

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Request-Emachine-E520-Power-menu

Emachines seem to have done us the disservice of embedding their BIOS 1.06 inside of a microsoft .exe executable. If you have any ideas for what to do about it, please let us know.

3. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Apologies. That message was meant to be directed towards the next poster, StevenL. Down here vvv

4. prenticemarie

prenticemarie Newbie

Reputations:
    As a Newbie to this Forum and Bios Updating I am confused ! ... Via USB DOS I have created a Default.txt file for the NVRAM settings on my Sony VGN-AR41E with Intel Centrino Duo, as I am trying to turn Virtualization ON for Linux Virtual Machine Manager which requires KVM.

Acording to Gary's List VT Reg is 0282 and DEP Reg is 0288 and AHCI is 0009.

Notepad shows all these items as set to 0001, so ....

Why can't I see Virtualization and DEP as Phoenix BIOS options at Boot ? and why is Linux telling me that KVM cannot start ?

Hoping for some help here please.

5. prenticemarie

prenticemarie Newbie

Reputations:
    Well it is obviously a waste of time posting here, if no one bothers to reply !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.