1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

How to connect m15x to my T.V. ???

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Andrewkm, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrewkm

Andrewkm Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How do I connect my alienware m15x to a tv so that I can see the games that im playing, basically whatever is showing on the alienware screen will show on the television?

I know I can do it with my desktop and the 8800gtx i have (Desktop version) ... i just connect some cables and stuff and it works.....

How does it work with the m15x?
    Or do i have to buy something specially made for the m15x?

2. whizzo

whizzo Advocatus Diaboli

Reputations:
    you will need a TV that has a HDMI or DVI port. if you have either of these, go to your local electronics shop and pick up a HDMI cable, and if necessary a HDMI-DVI adapter. then, simply connect the TV to your m15x via the HDMI port located on the right side of your laptop.

3. ChutneyRemix

ChutneyRemix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hit fn+F6 until the desired effect takes place and then go to "sound" in settings and under playback tab enable realtek digital output nad disable the speakers, and it should work with both vid and sound.

to see the disabled devices, right click on an open space in the sound playbakc tab and check show disabled devices.

vice versa to go back to your mobile set.

4. Mystik

Mystik Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    or you could enable dualview or twinview via the nVIDIA software.

note: you can't use HDMI on integrated graphics.

if you're confused by this, then the problem is probably somewhere in the reigon of PEBKAC....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.