How to appeal the moderators decisions if they appear to be not fair?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by ivar, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just would like to know if it is possible here. If possible, how it can be done so that one is not blamed for "breaking rules" "insulting moderators" and banned? I have seen several questionable decisions here which are not necessarily dictated by forum rules if interpreted impartially. So I would like to know, if one should accept it as it is or one can attempt to improve it.

2. Serg

Serg Nowhere - Everywhere

Reputations:
    You could try contacting Chaz or another mod, explain why you think it was unfair or not impartial the decision and hope you get it right. Of course, you have to be very objective on your appeal and not biassed.

If you think there is a specific part of the rules being broken, either the Forum Rules (generals) or any sub-forum Rules, such as the OT Rules or the Marketplace, then you could make a refer to the part.

Is this helpful?

3. icehell

icehell Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    this is not Public forum made by Government!!!!!!

2nd ; you keep feed your topics for what?! >>> you not gonna change the world!

Third; its better to find Sport,hang out ......other than virtual electronic community .....

4. Serg

Reputations:
    ^^^
    Agreed there, but I am answering to the OP question.

5. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It probably had to be posted in "Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements".
    I forgot about its existence.

I actually did what serg89 suggested and it is the resulting ... disappointment which makes me to ask the question publically.

6. Serg

Reputations:
    Hmmm...strange.
    As you said, you could try the Site Suggestions Forum for some extra help, but I cant assure anything.
    Chaz, Jerry J and Andrew are the highest rated persons around here. Have you tried contacting them?

7. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    ^^ Don't forget Kevin! :p

8. qhn

qhn Notebook User

Reputations:
    I believe that the majority of mods are fair and impartial. Actually the rules are quite easy to follow, in my opinion. And even if something isn't in the rules, they still need to keep the forum running smoothly with judgments deemed to be responsible.

cheers ...

9. talin

talin Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Why is it so important? It's just a forum.

10. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Because impartial administration is the lifeblood of a reputable forum (I can link you to one with very partial administration, and you can see for yourself how dead it is). A reputable forum must not only be administered impartially, it must be seen to be administered impartially.

That being said, if the person who was the direct subject of a moderator's action(s) failed to complain up the chain to the admins, it's not likely that a complaint from a bystander is going to have much traction, unless the issue is a real obvious one.

As far as I know, the process for appealing a mod's action(s) taken against you is to contact Chaz and/or Andrew (or Kevin, lest I be charged with forgetfulness, too:D), and ask that the moderator's action(s) be reviewed and either be rescinded, or be changed in a specific way or ways (it helps to be as specific as possible in asking for the change(s) you want).

That does not mean that you're guaranteed to get your way if you do appeal a mod's decision, but if you've got a good case, I have no reason to doubt that Chaz, Andrew, and/or Kevin will be as fair as is reasonably possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.