how smart is it to get smartcar

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by useroflaptops, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    I'm not gonna get into too technical, but let's study some pictures, shall we?

That dude must be a <s>midget</s> little people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shyster, even if you use a Smart car chassis, it still won't give you the same effect, let alone using a go-kart one.

;)

2. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I saw a blue Smart on the way to the park today! Jeez i like those things! :) :cool:

3. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Hey, don't whack me on the head; as far as I'm concerned, the thing in the top picture is as phony as that in the bottom; if they're phony in different ways, well that's a point of indifference.

4. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Now I know why SpacemanSpiff gave up arguing with you. :twitchy:

:p

5. Shyster1

Reputations:
    Cause he got tired of winning.:p

6. Bog

Bog Losing it...

Reputations:
    Watch a video of such a scenario on YouTube and you will change your mind instantly. Like others said, the Smart car is not only a gimmick, I would also add that it is a danger to the occupant.

7. Azone

Azone Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    :laugh: Yeah, I know, but hey, it's at least better than something.

Fiats are pretty good when it comes to initial quality, no doubt. Despite the poor long term quality, Italian cars are hard to resist. A Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse would be fun little car. At least they're not boring and quite nice while they lasted. :D Also, I don't know if it's the case with the exotics nowadays, but if you buy a used Italian exotic, the chances of it being in reliable aren't very high.

8. ac500

ac500 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Honestly I'm perplexed as to why anyone would like these that much. Could you explain a little about what appeals to you, just for my curiosity?

*whacks head* :)

To me, the top one looks real (odd certainly, but real, or at least possibly real), but the bottom is so obviously fake it's hard to believe you would even say that. Do you have any sense of scale? There's literally no space for that guy in that car, let alone any sort of engine!

Maybe you want to believe so hard, you're blinded that this is blatantly a jokingly photoshopped image?

I'm wondering though, have you ever driven a real sportscar? Because I honestly can't think of a reason you'd want one of these. Impractical and slow.

Oooo.. I just thought of a market for these! Hood ornaments for real cars! :)

9. booboo12

booboo12 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

IDK, I just think it's a great feat to make a car that small. Plus it looks good. IDK, I tend to like odd cars along with the fast, cool, ones. :D :cool: :rolleyes:

Fifth Gear crashes a first generation Smart ForTwo- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s

10. Shyster1

Reputations:
    Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.