how smart is it to get smartcar

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by useroflaptops, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. useroflaptops

useroflaptops Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    after the point of suggestion the pics were photoshopped immediately after my googling find of those pictures, i didnt contest it. if i didnt believe them being photoshopped i would have contested that suggestion. hes saying im contesting the idea of photoshopping.

or more so, perhaps you should find the post where i was contesting the idea of photoshopping.

anyway his post by page ~6 or ~7 it was about whether it was even possible to make such a car

2. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I think that says all that needs saying, to those to whom it's worth speaking.

Nice find on the pic, Stewie.

3. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, the ExIF data can be edited by software. :(

Please show me the post where I said "wasn't possible", "not possible", or "impossible". Of course it's "possible", just with how much money and time, and with a Smart car base, you may as well build one from scratch, it would be a lot less complicated.

How so? The Smart car chassis isn't just a flat chassis like a go-kart one.

Do we really have to continue this pointless discussion?

4. useroflaptops

Reputations:
    "even if you use a Smart car chassis, it still won't give you the same effect, let alone using a go-kart one", etc

5. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Oh, I know all about editing ExIF data; still, a lot of people don't, even some who photoshop images for purposes other than this thread.

6. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    useroflaptops,

Oh please, it is cleared that I've proved you wrong with the actual picture, and now you're just trying to play with the words. Like I said before, when you built or found one with a Smart car chassis that has the same effect and scaling as the photoshopped picture, then we will continue this discussion. The driver was really out of scale if you haven't notice.

7. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Amateur photochoppers, leaving trails behind. :p

8. useroflaptops

Reputations:
    yes apparently they were likely photoshopped. you had proved that by page 3. but apprently youre also still stuck on the high 8 more pages into the thread on this.

the discussion quickly evolved to whether this car was possible or not. you opted to spin the issue by giving unfair comparisons.

"found one with a Smart car chassis that has the same effect and scaling as the photoshopped picture, then we will continue this discussion"

lol. are we in the spin zone. sure. this line argument always works right.

9. D-EJ915

D-EJ915 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    it's obviously not possible unless your legs are to the side, you can't have both your legs and the front steering/wheel gizmos in the same space. the only reason the smart car can be so compact is because it is so tall. ever notice on go-karts the feet and pedals go in front of the axle?

porsche's famous for their open cockpit tiny cars which were much smaller than anyone elses and even those are huge in comparison to the smart car and the mockups posted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.