How reliable has your RB15 been?

Discussion in 'Razer' started by evilras, Nov 16, 2018.

?

How reliable has your RB15 been so far

1. RB15 any model - love it not had any issues

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. RB15 any model - I've had 1 or 2 issues

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. RB15 any model - I've had 3 or more issues.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. RB15 any model - I gave up and sent it back.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nope it’s on 2017 13 inches model and not all user having that, i think on Reddit I saw only 2 or maybe 3 users reported that, never saw model 2016, I’ve 2016 model btw and there’s no 2018 Stealth actually, only two 13,3 2017 mordel and one late 2018 which is stated as 2019 model. You’re a writer should be more specific about your comment.

2. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If I didn't know better, I'd say it looks like everything I said was actually correct and you're trying to find ways to excuse a brand you personally have identified yourself with for whatever reason. But that's none of my business. ;)

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Then please link the screen fall apart on 2016 model, i may missed that. I didn’t excuse Razer, I just like offense someone who write something without any proofs. I paired even 2016 model on egpu.io, 2 Years using so, no parts fall apart.

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well , before Razer went public with their IPO they released a document on all their ventures, the earnings, etc Razer laptops have shown dreadful reliability according to their own documents. I am incredibly curious about the Razer 15 models, I can see issues developing over time with the flat display cable that they use. Apple does that too and those seem to show huge problems over time.

5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It didn’t directly answer my question above regarding screen fall apart, from IPO it didn’t state the return reason. From that ipo i know only huge loss from return which may similar with other gaming laptops manufacturer and note as well Razer is smaller than other, that and low sales unit from Blade Pro, it’s also because it was just announced in late 2016 and limited Production. No offense but I have Razer Edge that I dropped a lot Times, the screen never fall apart nor break, only display cable messed up from that, and easily fixed by arranging and tighten it back.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    But that is anecdotal, for me Razer products werent reliable at all, except for the Razer Mako speaker set that I have now for 10 years (which was actually rated as problematic).It did state the return reason by the way, that repairs where needed on a large amount of units.

Razer is not that small by the way, I think when it comes to laptop shipments they are on the level as Gigabyte, but that is when I compare older Gigabyte data.

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No, Gigabyte is bigger they have tons models from Aorus gaming to Gigabyte, Razer only three. Razer maybe shutdowned their Edge tablet, project Fiona, for concentrating on the laptops, Gigabyte make even gpu, there’s a big scales difference. And I heard that before Blade Laptops is made by them as well. About the return reasons maybe I skipped that, didn’t read all mostly read from users post who read all. Again I commented about screen fall apart above and a user said all stealth model before latest one, which isn’t right because it found it only on 2017 model when they changed it to 13,3 inch from 12,5, it may be the cassis isn’t developed for heavier and bigger screen.

8. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I am speaking purely about laptops. Gigabyte is also not as widely available, you cant find Gigabyte laptops for example in the Netherlands, Belgium, Scandinavian countries, the whole of South Europe and South America. More models also does not mean they have a higher turnover.

But hard to find credible numbers ofcourse if companies choose to hide a lot of their data. I doubt Razer will release more numbers now after they have gone public.

Regarding screens falling apart. Cannot comment on that but it is a common issue for a lot of brands, so it wouldnt surprise me.