How reliable has your RB15 been?

Discussion in 'Razer' started by evilras, Nov 16, 2018.

?

How reliable has your RB15 been so far

1. RB15 any model - love it not had any issues

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. RB15 any model - I've had 1 or 2 issues

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. RB15 any model - I've had 3 or more issues.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. RB15 any model - I gave up and sent it back.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Coming up on 3 months of steady business use. No issues so far. RB15 performing excellent.

Arondel and Joikansai like this.
  2. DrMindRiot

DrMindRiot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Guys,

How has the build quality of your Razer's held up? I have heard some rumours that they tend to fall apart? Is this true?

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Fall apart:vbconfused: I saw Blade Stealth 2017 screen falls apart due weak glue, but so far I didn’t see Blade 15 fall apart correct me if I’m wrong, I saw even user dropped it but seemly fine. I use tight sleeve for MacBook Pro and bring Blade 15 anywhere, thought first time that the rubber gums won’t hold but after 8 months it’s still fine.

4. evilras

evilras Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So far i'm 2 months into ownership and other than the SSD screw getting shredded, which i managed to then removed with a special tool, its been a lovely laptop to live with!

The footprint is amazing, and more often than not its a productivity machine for me. Web browsing, downloading, watching youtube, etc. Happily getting 6 hours plus on battery with the screen on 25%, keyboard scrolling colours, 60hz screen and battery saver mode. Which is exactly what i wanted!

Then when i need to game, whack it on power hungry mode, switch the screen to 144hz and play wolfenstein 2 on uber leiben mode at 100+ FPS!

Yes it gets toasty as all hell. The GPU hitting 80C + and the CPU hitting 90C +. Its noisy, but about the same as my old GS60 tbh. And once you finish gaming it cools down really fast.

Obviously 2 months isnt a long term test, but so far really happy with it! (Just need to get used to this Shift key!!!

5. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    OK so I've had my Razer Blade for several months and it's holding up like a champ but the battery life isn't what I would like it to be for some reason. I'm not doing too much but then again I'm coming from a Macbook so perhaps that's expected. It's a great thing that I have two power adapters but I will say that the laptop can charge up to full quite quickly which is nice.

Other then that I have no issues, I'll definitely keep my laptop but it's just the only con that I'm currently seeing.

6. eth3rton

eth3rton Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Damn things are built like a tank. I don't think they'd fall apart easily or without trying.

DrMindRiot likes this.
  7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s build like this, i heard that all advanced model, not sure about base use same material.

RobotDoctor and eth3rton like this.
  8. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The screens of the stealth's falling apart (heat melting glue that held it into the top case) is the only major casing issue I've seen. Most of the problems are internal/component level.

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Saying that you should mention the model and link Reddit post that mentioned about that, yes i saw that but not a lot, I bring my stealth almost every where and when playing games and pairing with the core always 45 degrees opens maybe closer to Keyboard with temperature cpu on 80ish, the screen still sticking for 2 years already.

10. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They were the 2016-early 2018 models, IIRC. The latest stealth is too new (I'd hope) for any issues to pop up yet.