How quiet can the MSI GT75 8RG can it get at base frequencies?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by UncleMysh, May 6, 2018.

1. UncleMysh

UncleMysh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @Phoenix twesks are great for your privacy, but are not going to affect your system temperatures. Most of these applications are annoying, because they sit at background occuying RAM.

The bios loadline settings should help you a lot though.

Justin96 likes this.
  2. Justin96

Justin96 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't see how it wouldn't affect your temperature. There's less data going through your cpu so it doesn't have to work SD hard. Meaning less temperature. From what iv read there is a couple loads in the background that are quite task intensive. And getting rid of those would be good. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

3. UncleMysh

UncleMysh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I am not familiar with win10 to give you details, but from what I gathered I wouldn't expect significant temperature changes. I do highly recommend them though for privacy reasons. You will have better control of what your computer is doing at the background. You may also avoid a few spikes.

Justin96 likes this.
  4. Justin96

Justin96 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wouldn't say significant changes either but anything is better nothing.

5. ryzeki

ryzeki Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Using the AC/DC loadline of 1, and restricting your clock multipliers will greatly reduce temps and thus noise. the GPU you can probably put a custom curve for low power use, lower clocks and all. I recently made a similar move myself after realizing that adding more performance was costing me a lot in terms of heat.

I currently use my CPU at 37x multiplier with loadline 1, voltage of 1.15v max, and my temps are on the 50s celisous with normal use and 60s when taxed, at 24 celsious ambient. I can reduce them further at lower clocks, like 1.05 at 32x multi with drastically reduced temps.

Of course I don't have a GT75 but if noise was a concern, I would totally reduce the multipliers with a loadline of 1, and tweak with silent fan to ensure max temps are within my desired level, as well as fan speed. You could put a fan curve that always spins slowly to your desired max tolerance of noise, and test how high temps get with torture software. If temps are within your tolerance, then you will enjoy an always silent laptop.

UncleMysh and Justin96 like this.
  6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    You don't need to mention me with the @ sign every freakin' time you wanna say my name! I have enough useless mentions every day you can just say Phoenix without he @ sign unless you want my actual help in that post :rolleyes:

7. UncleMysh

UncleMysh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    There was a single statement made about your tweeks in the last five working days, which is my own speculation of the effectiveness of your tweeks. Not sure what you meant as every single freaking time. I understand that is hard for you to be in every thread, but I thought it would be unfair to make statements about your work without making you at least aware. Anyway, I am sorry if I have troubled you.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  8. UncleMysh

UncleMysh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @ryzeki
    Thank you for your attention. Would you please be able to support me, if I buy this or a similar laptop? I do not have experience with tweeking these settings.

9. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah obviously we have a lot of difference, I am on 100% stock now (including factory paste, pads, bios and voltage settings... I had to up my fans a bit cause auto was letting it get too hot with ambient temp of 25). I like all components to stay below 80 degrees celsius ^^ Actually I think the temps are not too bad in my case, it could have been worse. I was even scared it would thermal throttle but in fact there is no throttling whatsoever. Also I play on ultra and not high and I never cap my fps. I torture the hell out of it actually.
    I am just sad that I did not know hidevolution existed before I got my laptop. Now I miss out on all the mods.. but to be fair I would not like the idea of the laptop shipping all the way from US. >.<

PS. fan speed and temps will also differ based on what game you play. I play AC:Origins now and that can get the poor 8750H to 100% load. ^^

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    UncleMysh and Justin96 like this.
  10. wilpang

wilpang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got mine from Hidevolution and had it shipped to the UK and fingers crossed no issues with it down the line and happy with it so far.

UncleMysh and heliada like this.