How many of your Co-Workers (or classmates) are PC Gamers

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by rschauby, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rschauby

rschauby Superfluously Redundant

Reputations:
    I, like many of you, am a dedicated PC gamer. I'm addicted to the hardware, so I am thus addicted to using it as my gaming platform. I do own a PS3, but only for playing Blu-Rays (and the kid has a Wii which I don't play unless I am spending time with him).

I work in a department with about 50 other people, half of which are 20-30 year old male gamers. Only problem is, I am the ONLY PC gamer. There is one co-worker who used to be a Counter Strike 1.6 player, but converted to consoles as he never played anything but CS on PC's. I occasionally get into gaming discussions with them, but it's sometimes frustrating as they talk about console exclusives and new motion control gimmicks. One co-worker did just buy a Mac Air (/sigh), so I gifted him an extra copy of The Orange Box I had laying around... in desperate hopes that I could get at least ONE person at work to be friends with on Steam.

Thankfully my best friend and my brothers play some PC games so I don't feel totally alone, but I sure wish there were a few more of us out there in the wild (maybe there are but they just hide in closets!)

So by my calculations, we are outnumbered 30 to 1. What are you guys seeing at work and at school?

2. SoundOf1HandClapping

SoundOf1HandClapping Was once a Forge

Reputations:
    Heh. As far as I know, none. Well, I do have one coworker who occasionally plays on his laptop, but nothing nothing Steam related. He actually does the majority of his gaming on a console.

Maybe I'll ask more people, though.

3. JaiaV

JaiaV Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have 2 co-workers in my department that are gamers at all, out of several dozen. One only plays on his PS3, the other pretty much only plays WoW.

4. @nthony

@nthony Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In first year I'd say nearly 70% of my classmates were PC Gamers (WoW), naturally that number dwindles down as you make it through the years, but even then I'm in a field pre-disposed to PCs.

Problem with consoles is their mainstream-ism. You tend to see the same phenomenon with cars, TV shows, music, etc, even religion. Really I sometimes enjoy its obscurity: when you finally do meet that one other person who plays some really awesome game you like that no one's ever heard of, it makes it all the more special.

5. Przn4lif3

Przn4lif3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Today I found out that the dude that sits next to me plays tf2.... Long story short we're going to get along quite well

6. xFrancis91

xFrancis91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I only know one other person who is a PC gamer. Both of us have and enjoy playing on our consoles too though. Other than that, everyone is either a strict console gamer or maybe a rare Counter Strike or console emulator layer but that's it.

7. Darkness62

Darkness62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    All my friends and co-workers are multi-platform gamers, usually PC and one or more of the consoles.

8. joshthor

joshthor 100% Crazy Sauce

Reputations:
    couple classmates and my ...second? cousin. although i play mainly pc games (9 out of 10 times) i dont consider myself a pc gamer. i will gladly hop over to my consoles to play with friends or play console exclusives.

9. Bearclaw

Bearclaw Steaming

Reputations:
    My friends all use Steam :)

10. Baka

Baka (・ω・)

Reputations:
    I'm the only one :) I don't know anyone else from my class and I don't speak to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.