How many miles do you drive, on average, a week?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by JM, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM

JM Mr. Misanthrope NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Just a curious question!

I live very close to both my work and university, so I average 15 to 20 miles a week, haha.

I calculate, that, by the time I trade my 2011 Civic in (probably 2015-2016), it'll have less than 15,000 miles, if that, on it, lol.

2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Used to round trip 80 miles a day for work, not to mention occasional trips to suppliers and manufacturing plants, plus personal driving. I easily put 30k a year on my car. Thankfully I got a good deal on a loaner from my company every year, but still was killer on the pocketbook even with mileage reimbursement.

Now being out of work more or less I drive maybe 600-800 miles a month lol.

3. JM

JM Mr. Misanthrope NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yeah, traveling for work just ends up costing more money even if there's reimbursement involved.

I'm traveling with the bank more than I originally expected, and it's very easy to spend more when you're not at the home base.

4. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm a student too so it fluctuates. On most weeks, it is 60 miles a week; however, I put 900 miles in one week too because I was on break and going to some other classes a hour away. Sometimes I wish I had a fuel efficient car so the around the town trips don't kill the tank and the long distance trips have fewer stops without gas fill ups.

5. LCM99

LCM99 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Same here.

Right now it depends on whether I go home from school on the weekends. It's a mile to school from my college house so it can be as few as 10 miles or less a week. Home is about 115 miles away one-way though and if I work on the weekends that adds up even more. So it can fluctuate between 10-250+ miles depending if I stay at school or go home. :p

During the summer it's 30 miles to work, six times a week, which comes to 360 miles before other driving, so it's probably 400+.

Ditto again.

6. jooooeee

jooooeee Stealth in disguise

Reputations:
    40-50 just purely to and from school, so I'm guessing at most 100mi per week.

7. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Anywhere from 30 to 600+. It varies quite a bit... though avg I'd say around 300. Thank God for company fuel cards! That's why I got the 335i instead of something like an accord. I figure if I'm not paying for most of the fuel, why not get something fun to drive.

8. Collegekid2k

Collegekid2k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    0, my work is a 45 second walk :)

9. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    At least 225 miles a week and change my oil every 5,000 miles.

10. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    36-60 miles per week just to work (My shift pays me for a 4th day of work every other week, so I only have to work 3 days some weeks, the rest depends on overtime).

Everything else is just random factors. Craigslist deals, hanging out with friends, shooting... If I do the last, it's a 100 mile round trip to my spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.