How long would a DELL OEM Battery stored in warehouse for five years last?

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by jack53, Mar 23, 2019.

1. jack53

jack53 Dell XPS L322x Lover!

Reputations:
    Thank you.

You ever hear of Tim Tebow Foundation... he devotes a lot of $$$ and time for handicapped kids, many that are autism. He is one of my very favorite college sports person and one of the best person you will ever meet.

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I know of him. I don't know alot about his foundation, but as far as I have seen and read, he is a stand up guy for sure.

3. jack53

Reputations:
    Then you will enjoy this:
    https://www.timtebowfoundation.org/index.php/w15h

He was born in the Philippines which is a story in itself as the doctors told his mother to abort him as neither would survived.... his parents were missionaries over there. I've followed him since as my wife is a filipina and I've lived over there for two years too.

4. jack53

Reputations:
    Well after having this battery since January 2020 and getting consistent 4-5 hours every day on it, (yes I use it every day unplugged) it started acting up. At first I thought the laptop was going bad as it would suddenly shut down, I'd turn it back on, same thing after a minute or so, finally on third attempt, a blue screen came on while booting giving me two choices on windows 10 booting up, factory reset (something like that) or shut down... nothing else. So I choose "shut down" and it worked for the rest of the night. This has happen three nights in row before DUH, I discovered it didn't do it while plugged in. So it looks like battery is going bad? If this keeps up, I have a backup brand new battery that I can put in and see if that solves it. Anybody else have this happen?

NOTE: The next time this happens and the blue screen shows up, I'll take a picture of it.

5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Knock on wood, my battery has been perfect. I still get 7 to 8 hrs of screen time on it no matter what I am doing on my notebook.

custom90gt likes this.
  6. jack53

Reputations:
    Well, I looked up my battery order from zthy-tech on Amazon in January 22, 2020
    +Dell_XPS_L322x_Battery1.jpg

and it's no longer sold on Amazon! So I go to his website and he has it there for twice as much now!
    http://www.zthy-tech.com/index.php?...product_id=2807&search=Dell+XPS+L322x+battery

That's a big jump in price... I'm going to try email them and see if I can get it for the same price I paid.

UPDATE:
    Amazon has a LOT of venders for this battery but how do you tell which ones are good???
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Dell+Y9N00+Notebook+Battery&ref=nb_sb_noss

If I don't hear back from zthy-tech, I'll order this one... has good reviews
    https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Repl...+Y9N00+Notebook+Battery&qid=1604404671&sr=8-9

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    IMO, I would say ALL of them are from the same place. I would look at GreenCell batteries too if they have your model, they are very good batteries as well.

jack53 likes this.
  8. Rokobo

Rokobo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had good results putting old [genuine] batteries in the freezer for 72 hours. Whatever works..

9. jack53

Reputations:
    Explain? Are talking about putting older batteries like my failing one in the freezer and it made them better? Or is it just for storing?

10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    AFAIAC, it's an urban myth. Batteries will not magically regain capacity if you freeze them. No need to store them in the freezer either.

jack53 likes this.