1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

How long should my 12 cell last?

Discussion in 'HP & Compaq' started by jack53, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack53

jack53 Samsung Ultra Lover!

Reputations:
    I just got my new notebook, (see sig) a few days ago and haven't had the chance to see how long my 12 cell will last. Has anyone used a 12 cell on the Compaq v6000 yet? What can I expect? 3 hours? 4 hours?

2. TomTom2007

TomTom2007 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    probably around 5 hrs with power saving mode. My setup usually lasts about 4 hours, the tip is: decrease the brightness of your screen.

3. DylanBennett

DylanBennett Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Same here. 4 hours, normal usage, sometimes with the lid closed when going from meeting to meeting, things like that. Yeah, brightness turned down. I have a DV6000T.

4. KSC

KSC Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My DV6000 with an Intel T5500, wireless enabled, screen at 60%, lasts about 3.5 hours running in High Performance mode with a lot of activity. It lasts about 5 hours in Power Saver mode.

Like the others said screen brightness makes a big difference, but over 3 hours is plenty for me since I usually have an AC outlet nearby. If you don't need a wireless connection when you're on battery, make sure you turn off it off and that will help your battery life too.

5. jack53

jack53 Samsung Ultra Lover!

Reputations:
    Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to get between 4-5 hours and it looks like I can acheive that.:)