How long has your Dell laptop lasted without repair?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Chump_Diggity, Jul 24, 2011.

?

How long has your dell laptop lasted for you?

1. Less than 1 year

66 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. 2 years

43 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. 3 years

44 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. 4 years+

154 vote(s)
    50.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el3ment

el3ment Newbie

Reputations:
    My Inspiron 9400/E1705 has lasted me about 6 years. Still running, battery died last year and screen hinge finally broke 6 months ago. Ive got my moneys worth out of it.

2. OhioLefty

OhioLefty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Dell Inspiron 6000 is 6 years and 2 months old and not a single problem other than battery needs replaced which I think is about right for a notebook this old.

I just bought a new HP for something different and an upgrade for a pretty decent price. Happy with both and the Dell will make a nice backup and vacation computer.

3. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Inspiron 1720 bought in 2007 is still going strong. Was using if for Folding@home for a while on our NBR team. Link in my sig if you want some details. It was a nice laptop. One of my favs. Gave it to my bro though :(

4. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    XPS m1530 bought early 2007 and still running, one problem though, accidently dropped the laptop and the HDD ceased to work, replaced it and works 2 years+ as a charm ;) no problems encountered, running Windows 7.

5. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The 1520 (and 1420/1521/1720/1721) were the last of the "built like a tank" consumer laptops from Dell. I bought a 1520 for my best friend in 10/07 and it's hasn't had a single issue in almost 4.5 years.

It's hardly a powerhouse, with a T5450 processor and Intel X3100 graphics, but he still loves it! At least I sprang for the WXGA+ (1440x900) display, which still looks great.

They don't make 'em like they used to...

6. New World Order

New World Order Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Key came of my inspiron 1545 and had the keyboard replaced today by dell.

7. mknott

mknott Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Had a inspiron 1501 built in 2007 that had a hard life. Was my uncle's before he passed away and he had burnt it with a cigarette, had it sitting in special brew beer for god knows how long and yet it still kept on working. It did stop working for a bit when it got wet but when it dried out it started working fine. It's been washed inside and out and had a repaste job done. Other then that its the sane old machine. Battery still lasts over an hour.

I just hope my xps 17 3D lasts as long!

8. ray4jc

ray4jc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Beginning to get concerned with my L702x its been almost a year and it starting to boot slowly, run slowly and the hard drives are acting finicky....either needs a reinstall or something is dying.

9. kelv_w

kelv_w Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My Dell Precision M90 lasted slightly over 5 years before the Quadro card started to fail. I think it is a known problem, tried the card baking method and it's back up and running without issues. Has been 6 months since I fixed it and still works fine.

However I should really get a new laptop soon. It has served me well.

10. Mihael Keehl

Mihael Keehl Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My screen just gave it, I'm not sure why but I upgraded to the WUXGA screen this past June and it lasted until yesterday. Still trying to find a suitable replacement screen. I don't want to spend $195 on it from Dell. That would just be insane amount of money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.