1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

how long from status "shipped" to DHL recognizes tracking#?

Discussion in 'Dell Shipping Order Status and Customer Service Is' started by Chuckles, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuckles

Chuckles Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How long does it take from when Dell status says "shipped", and gives a DHL tracking number, to when DHL's tracking page recognizes the tracking number?

I am sorry if this has been asked before; i couldn't find it.

Since these things are made in Asia, I didn't know if maybe it spends a couple of days in air freight before DHL actually gets it. It's shipping DHL Ground, so DHL isn't bringing it from Malaysia.

2. FredTT

FredTT Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    My theory is that the Boxing Stage is actually when Dell brings them from Malaysia. When you go to shipped, thats when DHL in the States has it. Otherwise, they couldn't offer overnight.

~Fred

3. Chuckles

Chuckles Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OK, thanks! I asked because the ship date was yesterday (Sunday) but DHL won't recognize the tracking number yet. Presumably it will happen this evening then.

PS The status page never said "build", "boxing", etc. Just went from "in production" to "shipped".

4. FredTT

FredTT Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The status page isn't supposed to change. You find out about Knitting. Build, Testing, and Boxing by calling the automated order status phone line.

~Fred

5. d94

d94 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    not sure..i had something ship on the 3rd, but dhl still doesnt have tracking info, just that they were electronically notified or whatever on the 3rd

6. HCW

HCW Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Chances are you will get your laptop before you can track it at Dell.con

7. djg08642

djg08642 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    DHL tracking is almost worthless. I found out from FlightAware that my laptop left a tiny airport somewhere in Ohio yesterday at 11am and only had to fly to Wisconsin but still hasn't arrived. So it either crashed, or DHL tracking doesn't work on the weekends.

8. bigmo

bigmo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I found that calling DHL 800-CALL-DHL is more up to date than their website was. Try that and see if you get more detailed information.

9. djg08642

djg08642 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    All mine says is "Left a DHL facility" Should it say where?

10. XxXKUL

XxXKUL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    well I still have tracking info on mine, its in my state now in the shipping hub