How long Does it take HP to ship custom notebooks?

Discussion in 'HP' started by Starfleet Captain, Feb 9, 2007.

1. astansbery

astansbery Newbie

Reputations:
    UPDATE: The shipment info has been generated and according to FedEx it is to be shipped on 7/11/16 with an expected delivery date of 7/15/16. Granted it is quicker than the original estimate by HP. Now hopefully mine is one of the quicker ones and I receive it earlier than that.
    I just hope it arrives in pristine condition. I also have directed that FedEx hold it at the nearest location. Which thankfully is only 2 miles from home and is on my way home from work.

So I joined to share my current info with HP order processing taking more than a week to update/change. Below is a copy and paste of what I posted on the HP support forums.
    The order date was 7/1/16 with a expected ship date of 7/13/16 and expected delivery date of 7/21/16.
    So it takes 2 weeks from order to shipment? Then almost another week to receive shipment? I know it can be earlier but seriously?

I'm just wondering why my new Envy x360 is still in "Processing" after 5 days? When I know it doesn't take that long to test. I also know that by 4:00PM EST it is 4:00-5:00AM the next day in most of China. The only change to the standard build is the UHD display. Since the display is the only real possible change to the standard config then there should be some already built like that. Also since I didn't have any software/services added it should be just off the shelf.
    It just doesn't make any sense why they wouldn't have 100+ pre-built of the only 3 hardware configs available on this model.
    • 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen (for HD Camera)
    • 15.6" diagonal UHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160) Touchscreen (for HD Camera)
    • 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen (for IR Camera)
    All of the other physical hardware specs can not be changed with this model.
    The i7-6560U, the 1TB 7200 rpm SATA+ 128GB M.2 SSD and the 16GB DDR4-2133 is standard.
    Since there are only 3 physical hardware options it would be in the customers best interest (I know a foreign concept today) to have those 3 pre-built waiting for shipment. But hey what do I know. I don't run a multi national corporation that only sees it's bottom line.

HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop (15.6")
    • HP ENVY x360 - 15t Touch Laptop
    • 1TB 7200 rpm SATA+ 128GB M.2 SSD
    • Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
    • Security Software Trial
    • 16GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2 x 8GB)
    • Intel® 802.11ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
    • Office Software Trial
    • Windows 10 Home 64
    • 15.6" diagonal UHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160) Touchscreen (for HD Camera)
    • HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone
    • 4-cell 55.67 WHr Lithium-ion Battery
    • Intel® Core™ i7-6560U (2.2 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores) + Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  2. Gerri

Gerri Newbie

Reputations:
    What is really sad is that this is still going on 4 years later and it seems to have gotten worse. I have been waiting for my computer to be released from Shanghai for over 5 days. I am about to make my first payment on a computer I don't have. Disgusting.

3. etgohomeok

etgohomeok Newbie

Reputations:
    Any recent experience with HP laptop shipping times from China? Mine has been getting scanned a lot in China but doesn't seem to want to leave...

Ship Date: Tue 12/05/2017
    Scheduled Delivery: Mon 12/11/2017 by 4:30 pm

12/08/2017 - Friday
    8:55 pm In transit SHANGHAI CN
    8:33 pm In transit SHANGHAI CN
    8:28 pm International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN
    3:40 am At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN

12/07/2017 - Thursday
    11:07 pm International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN

12/06/2017 - Wednesday
    1:07 pm In transit CHONGQING CN

12/05/2017 - Tuesday
    9:20 am In transit CHONGQING CN

12/04/2017 - Monday
    6:00 pm Picked up CHONGQING CN Future delivery requested
    4:49 pm Clearance in progress CHONGQING CN
    4:49 pm Clearance in progress CHONGQING CN
    3:51 pm Picked up CHONGQING CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
    3:51 pm Left FedEx origin facility CHONGQING CN
    8:27 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

I'll reply with updated and complete tracking information when I receive my laptop, for people who are finding this thread via Google (as I did) and wanting to get some more recent information on HP custom laptop shipping times.

Hoping it actually comes on the scheduled date, but not optimistic given that the scheduled delivery is on Monday but it's Friday and it's still in China...

4. austin944

austin944 Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine looks similar; delivery expected on 12/14.
    How about those Chinese working on both Saturday and Sunday? :) Poor guys.

12/11/2017 - Monday
    11:00 pm At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN

12/10/2017 - Sunday
    10:30 pm At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN
    9:48 pm International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN

12/09/2017 - Saturday
    2:20 pm In transit CHONGQING CN

12/08/2017 - Friday
    12:12 pm In transit CHONGQING CN

12/07/2017 - Thursday
    4:28 pm Left FedEx origin facility CHONGQING CN
    4:23 pm Picked up CHONGQING CN
    Future delivery requested

12/06/2017 - Wednesday
    8:32 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

5. etgohomeok

etgohomeok Newbie

Reputations:
    Mine finally made it to Memphis after spending a few days in Japan. Been there for around 24hrs and no sign of it being on its way to upstate New York yet. Original estimated delivery date was today but FedEx has changed that to tomorrow (Dec. 12). Hopefully that's the only delay, but I've been checking flight schedules for FedEx flights between Memphis and Syracuse (yes, I'm obsessed, I know) and I don't see any scheduled for today, so not optimistic...

Code:
    All times shown in destination time zone.

12/11/2017 - Monday
    4:43 am International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN

12/10/2017 - Sunday
    9:33 pm Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
    1:07 pm International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN
    10:56 am Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

12/09/2017 - Saturday
    11:52 pm In transit SENNAN-SHI JP
    10:39 pm In transit SENNAN-SHI JP
    4:21 pm In transit SENNAN-SHI JP

12/08/2017 - Friday
    3:07 pm In transit SENNAN-SHI JP
    7:55 am In transit SHANGHAI CN
    7:33 am In transit SHANGHAI CN
    7:28 am International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN

12/07/2017 - Thursday
    2:40 pm At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN
    10:07 am International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN

12/06/2017 - Wednesday
    12:07 am In transit CHONGQING CN

12/04/2017 - Monday
    8:20 pm In transit CHONGQING CN
    9:27 am Shipment information sent to FedEx
    5:00 am Picked up CHONGQING CNFuture delivery requested
    3:49 am Clearance in progress CHONGQING CN
    3:49 am Clearance in progress CHONGQING CN
    2:51 am Picked up CHONGQING CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
    2:51 am Left FedEx origin facility CHONGQING CN

6. franky_402

franky_402 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any update on yours I'm sure you got it but ive been watching mine trying to figure out times and everything, I sitting at the last in transit Shanghai looks like I'm waiting to enter japan like yours. I figured it would have left from Shanghai intl airport but FedEx must not go that route. I'm curious as to the rest of my wait jumping through Japan and finally entering the states. Yours went to Memphis hub wondering where it was delivered to, mine will be going an hour or so from Chicago so wondering if I'll come through Memphis or what.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

*****EDIT*****

looks like mine skipped Japan, arrived in Oakland California this morning, says it will be here Wednesday but unless it just sits around I wouldn't think it would take 4 days to make it to chicagoland

*****EDIT*****

It showed up this morning about 20 minutes before I had to walk out the door to go to work. So I was able to unbox it but didn't get to play with it since it was freezing cold still. Now I wait till I can get off work and check it out super pumped

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018 at 4:44 PM