How long does conductonaut last?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Casowen, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frencho

Frencho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    By reading this thread and others regarding Conductonaut's longevity, I reached out to HIDevolution (just purchased a laptop from them) for comment and they did state there's indeed a 2 day "curing" time for conductonaut, just so it bonds with the heat sink, then they re-apply Condunctonaut again, hence the 7 to 12 working days time for assembling, tuning and testing the laptop. I takes time but is well worth as it ensures the liquid metal will last several years and they reassured me that If I saw a large temperature creep, and if the laptop is still under warranty to just send it to HIDevolution and they would do a full inspection and repaste. Still they have no reports of temperature creep or any need for yearly Conductonaut repasting.

So I'm at ease and pretty confident Conductonaut, applied with HIDevolution proprietary methods, will last several years on my upcoming EVOC PB71RF-G.

2. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I get the idea thats not the whole story. It tooks nearly 6 months for me to start to notice a thermal decline, and not 13 days as a cure as they say. Assuming they do a curing, I suspect then its probably with pure gallium as the rest of the components in conductonaut work in part to inhibit absorption. Once the heatsink is saturated enough, then they apply the conductonaut. Not a difficult process, but one I wish I would have done earlier, and wish grizzly had the courtesy to tell its buyers. Regardless after this last repaste with my laptop I am rather sure it will be saturated enough so it stops absorbing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.