How Do YOU Meet People?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by usapatriot, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    At my uni, it's really hard, no one really frequents clubs, there are no "societies" except stupid, stereotypical frat houses where you have to pay to play, and no bars/clubs since I'm under 21, besides I don't like that scene.

People seem to be very apprehensive about meeting new people around here...

2. Simplified

Simplified The Most Awesome

Reputations:
    When it comes to meeting chicks, it is 100% impossible at my uni. I study computer engineering (masters) and there are 0 chicks :eek:.

Meeting good friends at my uni is hard too. I have been "backstabbed" a few times by so called "friends" from uni.

My good friends are people who I have met in other places than the uni. The uni is a competitive environment, hence most people who you will meet there are arses.

3. Mr_Mysterious

Mr_Mysterious Like...duuuuuude

Reputations:
    I stalk people and watch them do their routines. Then I surprise them by correctly guessing exactly how many times they picked at their nose while watching TV.

It's a great party trick *nods*

Mr. Mysterious

4. Gregory

Gregory disassemble?

Reputations:
    I had classmates randomly ask me if I wanted to hang out. It seemed weird, but was simple and effective. Just go for it, and deal with a little embarrassment if it's a failure. Most people go out of their way not to embarrass others, anyway.

Just start asking your classmates questions until you find a common interest.

5. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    I don't meet people, people meet me. Yes, I'm that great.

6. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    meekakitty~~~ I can SO relate to what she says in this video!!!

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fIXz6ceiXY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fIXz6ceiXY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width='560' height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  7. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    I found out that if I missed a class I could get together with a group of people, or person, and get some notes from that day... that works like a charm. Then you can study together, and just generally do whatever... I met a lot of really good people that way.

8. Voodooi

Voodooi AFK for a while...

Reputations:
    Most of my "friends" that I chat with on a daily basis I met through gaming (WoW). We have everything in common, but they live quite the distance (me in Canada, them in the US). I've been talking with these guys for years, every single day on MSN/vent/teamspeak/AIM/texts.

I have a few IRL acquaintances that I occasionally grab a drink with.

It's weird, people I've met online I can talk with for hours and hours, but some of the people I meet IRL, conversation gets stale because we lack common interests.

It's much easier to clique online since there's an infinite selection of people, rather than RL, where you have a very limited selection pool.

The people I talk to online on a regular basis play the same games, watch the same shows, like the same food, study a similar field in school, enjoy philosophy, sci-fi, science, tech, etc. But IRL, I'm lucky to find someone with 1-2 of those similar interests.

9. ahl395

ahl395 Ahlball

Reputations:
    School/Classes and Facebook "mutual friends" are the main ones probably. :p

Also, not pertaining to me atm, but work is another way to meet lots of people. Both coworkers and customers ;) :p

10. AlienTroll

AlienTroll Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I meet people I challenge them to Mortal Kombat! FIGHT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.