1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

how do increase fps on WoW on my laptop?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by tranman1, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tranman1

tranman1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm using a xps 1530 and the only option WoW gives me is 60 fps...on my computer i can choose up to like 120...why is that?

2. Acorn

Acorn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Update your graphics card driver.

3. CTLVR

CTLVR Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Laptop screens use 60Hz refresh rate . I think game syncs w the screens refresh rate . My max FPS on my previous E1705 2Ghz 2Gb@667 120@5400 GF7900GS 256Mb was like 60 . Ocasionaly it was spiking to 62 , but no more than that . I dont think you can get higher FPS in WoW when playing on a laptop . Some1 correct me if i am wrong .

4. dmacfour

dmacfour Are you aware...

Reputations:
    Mine is limited to 50 FPS.... same with a few other games of mine.

5. tranman1

tranman1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    k thx for thehelp

6. Atsushi

Atsushi Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Get an external screen and then you'll be able to get a higher fps. - Make sure its a good screen.