How Dell cripple performance explained by Notebookcheck.net

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Papusan, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Richard Zheng

Richard Zheng Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    True

tilleroftheearth and Papusan like this.
  2. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    I've never understood 'branding'. Nor, buying on 'specs'. Both mean very little to less than nothing to me when they're mostly made up fluff or merely for 'show'. I also don't support any company for mere ideological reasons either, that is called a charity and I don't donate to corporations, I prefer to support individuals directly and with no middle-man either.

I have never bought my tech tools for appearance... end game; I buy for results (productivity, period). The latest ain't always necessarily the greatest, but the best examples are worth testing out. And test with a cynically biased viewpoint too (no, I don't drink any Koolaid. My mind stays sharp and my wallet stays closed until the product has sold itself on its own, intrinsic, merits).

Most of us have some great stuff between our ears. Just because it looks so 'ooh, shiny!' on a no expense spared full multimedia marketing blitz (like everything comes at us these days), doesn't mean we shouldn't use the grey matter in our heads either. When the ticker-tape and music videos have stopped playing, that is when the moment of truth and time to act honestly comes, at least to ourselves! Regardless of our emotional attachment to a 'thing' or company.

I can't understand how anyone considering such unbalanced platforms like Dell keeps continually pushing out doesn't buy with a wary eye, or at least ask enough questions beforehand to not trade their hard-earned $$$$ in the first place?

But we all know the answer to those questions; there are suckers born every minute. Dell is just but one fruity-like (all show, no 'go') corporation waiting for the uninformed masses to come with their hands outstretched and full of cash they just need to get rid of, now.

Papusan, et al, keep up the good fight.

There's hope that eventually, we'll all be heard. ;)

Vasudev, Papusan and bennyg like this.
  3. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    True. But we are far from the average consumer. The average consumer just looks at specs, maybe a review (most of which make the i9 look awesome) then click "purchase"

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2019
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Its nearly $6-8k in India for bare specs for that ThrottleWare T15.

tilleroftheearth and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Cray cray. That is more than I spent on my car, and it is a really nice ride. And, it doesn't overheat or throttle itself. For that price it should be an example of what perfection looks like, but it's not even a little bit close to that.

tilleroftheearth, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    With the price Ultra Male paid even he gets throttling w/o HID mods. Even HID is tired of Dell laptops. The more time you invest on Dell you can pay less on competitors that have acceptable temps and works w/o issues once bloatwares are removed.
    I won't even say how much A51M starter model costs.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    My car needs me to run the heater on full to get the fan spinning else it overheats... I really need to fix that temp sensor

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Tech support said these thermals are normal and refused service. Dell's new disgusting changes show now up in full bloom[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ashtrix, Vasudev, ssj92 and 2 others like this.
  9. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Papusan likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Reputations:
    bennyg, tilleroftheearth and Papusan like this.