How Dell cripple performance explained by Notebookcheck.net

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Papusan, Sep 14, 2017.

1. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Dell sales and tech representatives have limited knowledge so routinely invent fake stories to boost sales or quickly end service calls. I don't trust anything they say and personally don't believe this is new policy.

Detailing minor software tweaks on a service call just confuses the matter.

tilleroftheearth likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    They were pretty serious. I know a case or two.

pressing and tilleroftheearth like this.
  3. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    In another life (~20+ years ago?), when I first ran across a Dell system (desktop), I wasted a week getting a new install on that for a client. I managed to do it, but 'no guarantees' was what I told that customer then.

I swore to never dive into dell-hell from that moment and I never did (for my own platforms).

Best. Decision. Ever.

Proprietary, backward (i.e. nose-cam, anyone?) and the worst performing platforms I've ever had the displeasure to work on.

pressing and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Which one do you use now?

5. tilleroftheearth

Reputations:
    Desktops: build my own.

Lenovo ThinkPad's, MS Surface, Asus.

The brand doesn't matter, the performance/productivity a platform extends, does. ;)

That being said; TP's and Surface are the creme de la crop, by a very long shot.

pressing and Vasudev like this.
  6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Thinkpad T or P70s? I'm inclining towards T series refurb or new doesn't matter, I simply can't stand keyboards other Thinkpads. They are wonderful and joy to type. UltraNav button is really odd thing and it always creeps me out because it always felt I'm touching someone's .....!
    Does Asus make Thinkpad like laptops?

pressing likes this.
  7. tilleroftheearth

Reputations:
    No, Asus' notebooks are a far cry from TP's. :)

The E5xx series and up are what I'm currently employing in different aspects of my workflows.

The screen (matte), the keyboard (TP's are the longstanding standard for decades now) and the pointer control (UltraNav) is the primary access to real productivity. ThinkPad's rule in this respect. The performance from the different tiers is a 'pay for what you need' while mobile model. :)

Vasudev likes this.
  8. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That is disgusting and an unfair and unjustifiable interpretation of warranty terms.

No excuse, the agency of employment means unless they are in clear breach of an instruction or policy, what they speak is the words of the company they work for, and if the company is an outsourced call centre for Dell, what they say is also the word of Dell. So from the customer's perspective, their word is indeed the word of Dell.

Regardless of competence, the customer has been denied assistance by a company decision on this basis by this employee.

Of course they should complain and seek a review from this employee's superior as to whether the interpretation of warranty terms and policy is correct.

Until informed otherwise, this is what the company has decided and what they have chosen to (not) do with regards to the customer's support issue.

The reason for lying is irrelevant, Dell has statutory obligations with which they have to comply, and seeking to deny warranty on utterly spurious grounds should be unconditionally condemned.

Vasudev, pressing and Papusan like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Finally confirmed. The customers of the notebook model (XPS 15 9570) is in short Scammed by Dell...
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/xps-15-9570-owners-thread.817008/page-248#post-10890814
    upload_2019-4-7_20-59-41.png
    Read also... http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/xps-15-9570-owners-thread.817008/page-248#post-10891932
    Yeah, the unlocked i9-8950Hk adverticed with 5.0GHz overclock perform worse in heavy Cpu tasks than the +$450 usd cheaper locked down i7-8750H in Dell's new refreshed Alienware m15. The adverticed 5.0GHz overclock is in reality below stock clocks.
    [​IMG]
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...iew-by-ultra-male.828258/page-2#post-10892840

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Dang... for more than $5K you would expect to have at least one gonad, LOL. It's a eunuch-book.