how can I get license?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Gamer872, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamer872

Gamer872 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm almost 18, have gotten the requirements done, in a state that requires a lot (MA), and still can't get a license. I was flipping out as soon as I got in the car with the middle aged RMV woman. She looked pretty crabby. I felt like I ran a marathon, couldn't think straight, and according to her, sounded rude. I felt like I was put through 10 minutes of agonizing hell after waiting for a long time in the cold at 6am, only to be told I wasn't ready. I know that when not testing I drive just fine, both my parents have told me this, and not just to be reassuring. I have a light form of autism called Aperger Syndrome that makes me socially not as good as other people and I get frustrated 3 times as easily, and 3 times as much, as "normal" people. I don't feel I am ever going to be capable of getting a license because I can't stop myself from getting stressed out and not being able to do simple things. Just consider this a vent thread and if anyone wants to say something, go ahead.

PS. I'm a guy

2. Qing Dao

Qing Dao Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well just because you were "flipping out" during this driving test doesn't mean you are doomed to repeat that next time. Chill out.

3. Greg

Greg Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Take the test again, and request a different instructor.

4. Gamer872

Gamer872 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    yeah I guess you guys are right. I just had a bad day so far, doesn't mean my afternoon is going to be bad though. They didn't do a good job explaining anything either. Well, there go my dreams of eventually owning a supercar lol.

5. Qing Dao

Qing Dao Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Now that you know how it works and what you have to do, I'm sure you'll be able to do better next time.

6. Patrick

Patrick Formerly beat spamers with stiks

Reputations:
    Don't think to much about it. The place where I took my test generally fails everyone their first time as a general rule. Almost all my friends had to take it 2+ times.

7. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Good advice has already been posted.

I checked out the requirements for MA and holy crap, that's a bit of a hill to climb >.>.

I got my license at 16 with the only training coming from my mom sitting in the passenger seat while I drove around a few times :p. An insane piece of advice could be to buy property in a laid-back state (driving-wise) and get your license there :p

8. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame

Reputations:
    Yeah, i got my license in Ontario, you have 2 driving tests to take and the first time i took the test #1, i failed it. Waited the prescribed amount of time, took it again and almost got a perfect score.

9. Qing Dao

Qing Dao Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I guess I had it easy. I just had to pass driver's ed class, which was a complete joke, and at fifteen and ten months got my license.

10. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    I'll one-up you and say that I never took a driver's ed class ;)

The only official requirements I had to pass were age and the test at the DMV office. I did practice at home, but I didn't legally have to.