How can I activate the backlit on my laptop dell latitude E5530.

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by tomx2, Mar 9, 2013.

1. tomx2

tomx2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. Can someone walk me through how I can turn on the keyboard backlit light. Was part of my build. Tried Fn + right arrow and cntl + right arrow, but no change. I have win 8. thanks. TC.

2. bremenpl

bremenpl Newbie

Reputations:
    Install the menagement software. It can be found on dells drivers site.

Bremenpl

3. tomx2

tomx2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bremenpl.

Went to dell driver site as u stated. Didn't find anything called software management.
    Found system management, where there were two intel fixes (for me) relating to graphics & touchpad.
    Can u specify what driver I need from dell to fix my backlit problem.

Thanks.
    TC.

4. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If the keyboard is like that of the M6700, it should be Fn + right arrow and that's it (backlight turns off pretty quick when you stop using it though, but no driver required). Do you have the icon for the backlight on the right arrow? If it's not there, it's possible that they shipped with the non backlit keyboard.

5. bremenpl

bremenpl Newbie

Reputations:
    Actually hes right it shuld work without the driver. The driver only gives you the on screen look of backlit level etc.
    Maybe you have no backlit?

Bremenpl