How best portable Asus or HP to buy ?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by tinto101, Apr 13, 2020.

1. tinto101

tinto101 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Big indecision, what do I take between these laptops:

- ASUS S512JP-EJ033T Intel Core i7-1065G7 and nVidia GeForce MX330 processor

- HP - 15-DW1020NL Intel Core i7 processor - 10510U and Nvidia GeForce MX130

- HP PAVILION 15-CS3054NL Intel Core i7 1065G7 and GeForce MX250 processor

Asus I read many who are disappointed and seem "very" expired in quality and assistance seems to be painful ....

so I go to HP, someone uses them and they are fine, they use quality components, what better between these two?

Mixed use of the laptop.

help, thanks

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The HP with the MX250 GPU is the better of the two options there. Are these the only three model you're considering or are available in your area? If not, it would be helpful if you could edit your post by copy/pasting and filling out this forum.

3. J888www

J888www Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Choose a manufacturer then choose a device with suitable specifications, they all have similar.

I can only offer opinions from passed experiences.

Do NOT buy ASUS. They have gimmicky double LCD laptops so twice as much can go wrong. Some of the heatsink heat-pipes are prone to leakage. When you have device issues, ASUS Support is absolutely diabolical.

Do NOT buy DELL. The manufacturing QC has become lacking due to cost cutting, one example is the defective heatsink from their Alienware line and they do NOT remedy the issues even if the owners are willing to purchase replacement parts.

Do buy Lenovo, I have devices spanning from IBM to Lenovo, only complaint is Lenovo's BIOS Whitelist hindering upgrades which I managed to unlock on all occasions to the extent of using a CH431A programmer.

HP ? I have no idea. Somehow HP has always eluded my speculations.

4. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Another hands up for Dell. Built quality really... Getting poorer and poorer that not only refurbished sets keep flooding the market, they even hv dedicated outlet sites to offload growing stocks!