Hot, damn hot!

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by MiSJAH, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Equal bad as the Alienware's. Dell have put average temp limit at 93C for their 4 core Intel chips before they will fix the flaws. None should accept this high awful Cpu temps. Even 90C is all too high.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    MiSJAH likes this.
  2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Clean the fans etc, repaste the system with good but traditional paste. Prop the back up for better airflow underneath. But in general this laptop is just too thin for the hardware inside so you have to fully tune it to get good thermals out of it.

Papusan likes this.
  3. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Except they're not. This is my original X5V6 at stock maybe the day after receiving it:

[​IMG]

From my review thread.

4. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    But I would have guessed you ran that firestrike with fans at 100% vs farcry on 'gaming' fan profile? Also, I would expect a firestrike run to be much less of a stress test than playing farcry for a prolonged period.
    I would recommend running firestrike now with the same fan profiles (and cpu/gpu clocks) as you did in your review and compare. I'm guessing it will only be a couple of degrees different.

MiSJAH likes this.
  5. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That was after an hours gaming (either Farcry 4 or Fallout 4, I don't recall now).

I'll rerun that test when I get the time though. :)

6. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bro, Aorus QC is a hit and mess, I had three different Aorus laptops (X7 v6, X7 v7 DT 4K and my current X7 DT v7 2.5K), sometimes the paste was good out of the box that a repaste wasn't needed, sometimes it wasn't.

Last time I received mine of Aorus, it was barely able to hold 3.7GHz with a 120mV offset (40W-45W actual CPU power), after a repaste with a Kryonaut, I can hold 4.1GHz with 120mV offset (65W-70W actual CPU power).

At least you keep your warranty when you repaste using a traditional non conductive paste, just do it and be done with it.

MiSJAH likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.