Horizon Zero Dawn PC thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by seanwee, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    it looks like ill be able to run this on medium...not bad considering medium vs ultra looks identical from what I can see

2. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    All good man, honest mistake.

Microsoft's messaging has been confusing.

3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ok awesome thanks for understanding...

4. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I finally finished the main quest. The save game says it took me 24 hours of game time (some random running around and side quests done too). I'm sticking to my previous assessment: 6/10.

I like this game type a lot but I just can't stand the over colorful cartoony graphics, repetitive side quests, full but empty feeling world (hard to describe this one), the story was predictable, the major plot twist was a distinct lack of a plot twist... I don't know. I feel the devs could have done much much better in many aspects of the game to have it live up to all the hype.

I guess the whole setting was also a little off-putting in my particular case. I'm more of a futuristic/modern sci-fi type, not the primitive tribe who fights machines with sticks.

Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot who enjoy the game as it is so yeah, I'm off to watch some Star Trek or something to cheer myself up.
    70 more Gb free disk space also makes me happy now :)

I kept trying to think of a sort of similar game/theme/setting, done the right way and a light bulb went off: Elex! Now that was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially being a huge Gothic fan from way back.

killkenny1 likes this.
  5. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    It took me 60 hours to finish the game you must have fast traveled and portioned your way through lol

6. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I did skip a lot.

7. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Took me 30 ish hours. Finished all the hunting grounds with blazing suns, cleared all bandit and infested areas. Haven't started on the frozen wilds dlc tho.

8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    I'm 21 hours in and completed about 2/3 of the story plus some side quests.
    I partly share @cucubits view on the game. After some time spent with the game it's definitely enjoyable, but has some quirks.

9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    this is a really long game anyone finish

10. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I clocked about 60 hours, but I enjoyed it. Others finished in 20-25 hours I think I believe they mostly just did the main quests and a few things here or there.

Right now I am playing Witcher 3 for the first time so taking time off of Horizon before I dive into New Game+