Hmm... Very new car, lots of miles though... NBRs thoughts?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by aan310, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well, since i know nothing about cars, maybe i will jsut sound stupid trying to say this...
    but is it that maybe after getting a gasket done the compression is off? (of that makes sence/is worded correctly)

2. TravisBean

TravisBean Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^^^^ I've noticed that the car is never the same again, even if the car has been fixed by a reputable repair shop. I think in order to do it properly , it has to be done by an engine rebuild shop with additional precision specialty equipment which can determine if other parts must also be changed/re-calibrated.

3. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    reputable repair shop = not necessarily professional

:p

4. TravisBean

TravisBean Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree with you 110%. Additionally (no offense to any mechanics on the forum), owning a repair shop here in the states is the equivalent of having a license to steal. :mad:

Have you also noticed that cars don't have the same "zoom" after having had head gaskets and or heads changed?

5. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    We go to a private mechanic and we do trust him, we have been going to him for 14 years I think.

Im just saying there are some good mechanics.

6. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Ooh, ouch! I wouldn't do that to any car (well, ok, almost any car, other than, perhaps, a white 1986 Ford Tempo). A once-blown head gasket, a history of having been run on only half of the available cylinders, a clogged catalytic converter, a bum O2 sensor, and no adequate maintenance. Putting those things all together and the bigger issue is why the poor car is still running at all, not that it runs so poorly! That may just be why it runs like a half-dead dog.

7. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    See, the funny thing is... There are no problems (like noticeable) other than the fact that it does not go very fast xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.