High school "hobby" course - Advice needed

Discussion in 'Programming and Homework Questions' started by Noobinact, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noobinact

Noobinact Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,

Im at high school and I try to get some courses together, so my principal said that I could make "hobby" course by doing web design. He said something like make portfolio what you have done and how it should show how I have improved mt skills.

All helps :). Most important would be how it should be created.
    Like should I do "my portfolio" and make 3- 4 websites as showcase on it?
    Like many freelancer webdesigner has.

Anyyy ideas just thhrroww them in

2. Jarhead

Jarhead Perfectly Sane

Reputations:
    Making a portfolio showcasing your work would certainly be helpful, not only for this but also for work later in life.

But, let me try to understand better. You're saying that your principal is thinking of starting up a web design course for your school?

3. Noobinact

Reputations:

I mean that I was asking from my principal how I can get more courses and he suggested "hobby" course. Then I asked could it be anything? Then he said yes movies, sport, photography etc. So I said could it be website design or somethign similiar. He said yes but make it to look like how you have improved your website design skill etc.

So I was just thinking what kind of "master" (lul....) piece of work should I make. My example previously was example what other people has done over internet. So my actual question was would that be it or should I make something more, fancy or something?

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Perfectly Sane

Reputations:
    So, after taking the web design course, you have to show that you can make a better website then than you can now, correct?

5. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Make a website that acts as a résumé and learn to update it/upgrade it over time. Have an introduction page, an "about me" page, and a portfolio displaying your works (at the very least). That's what you do in college with beginner web development courses. Might as well get a head start. ;)

Once you're done with that, move on to something else. For example, make a webpage for a class you like or something else you're interested in. Practice does make perfect in this area. A friend of mine did web development while in high school and he's now making $5000~ a month working freelance, and has dropped out of college. I don't recommend dropping out, but he wanted to be a professional web developer and has accomplished that feat.

6. Noobinact

Reputations:
    Neat (10 types)

7. akashram

akashram Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do web design course, it will helps to create your website more better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.