HIDEvolution warranty/ repair time

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by AxB, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @AxB
    do you understand how difficult a 'random shutoff' issue is to troubleshoot?
    it can take WEEKS.
    I've had to do this on multiple configurations and my own laptop (which was NOT defective).
    You can have the laptop run for hours, and it doesn't shut down at all, then you run it again later, same temps, same ambients, and it shuts down in 5 minutes.
    You can try changing Bios options. You can try setting a power limit on the CPU or videocard. Then you do more hours of testing. And days of testing. You try to find out if you can REPLICATE the issue consistently, because 100% replication under repeatable conditions makes it much easier to find out the cause and pinpoint it. Random failures are the absolute WORST possible situations to ever troubleshoot because they are unpredictable.

I have no life and I stress test my laptop almost 24/7 to find any inconsistency. Being a month without a laptop for you is being very kind. Be patient and wait and stop being difficult.
    (and if you think I'm a HID shill, I bought my laptop from Xotic PC. So don't get on my case).

Phoenix likes this.
  2. AxB

AxB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please read the previous post again before ranting. This is just pure misinformation being given to me by HID.

Anyhow, without sharing the whole timeline here - took about 2 weeks for HID/ the OEM to decide the motherboard needed to be replaced. Yet the laptop is not back with me, 5 weeks later.

3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I read the full post. You're the one going off on a mindless rant, not me.
    If you were HID's ONLY customer, then I'm sure you would probably have had the laptop back by now. But you are not the center of the galaxy. They have other people to service. They can't set aside their entire day to service your laptop and ignore their other customers and orders. I think you need to stop being so selfish and maybe get out in the world or something. Maybe pick up a different hobby and keep yourself busy.

Keep up the flaming and you go on my ignore list, along with Danishblunt. it takes 1 click to mute you.

Mr. Fox and Phoenix like this.
  4. AxB

AxB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Flaming? I said please for christ's sake. Yea I'm asking to be at the center of HID's universe with a 5 week waiting time. Who are you kidding man? Don't know what your motives are but this is just poor customer service which has also lied to me about the status of the laptop (again re-read the post I asked you to re-read).

As for your ignore list, who are you? If you can't see another POV, which you clearly can't - please go ahead and ignore me. Don't need your opinion. Notice how I was quiet after almost everyone said yea this is a difficult issue and takes time. Burst out again only when I realised I was being lied to.

Again, advice to potential buyers: Don't.

5. AxB

AxB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Laptop is finally on it's way back.

Departure date: 28th October

Expected date of arrival: 14th December

Days: 47.

Yea, I guess I am just being difficult.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017
  6. AxB

AxB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Been running the laptop for a few days now.

Today, the issue popped up again.

Thanks HIDEvolution.

7. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    I am really sorry this is happening to you.

Let's review. Both HIDevolution and Clevo spent hours trying to duplicate your issue, and simply could not. It never occurred. So Clevo decided to replace your motherboard, after which several hours of testing and attempting to reproduce this issue produced no result...it operated flawlessly.

Now, it gets back into your hands, with a new motherboard, and you are experiencing the same issue. Do you think it is possible that it has something to do with your software, or something you are doing?

HIDevolution and Clevo have done everything reasonably possible to duplicate your issue and resolve it.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. AxB

AxB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It was sent to you with the same software? What is your point?

My software is turning up the error message: "The speed of processor (0-7) in group 0 is being limited by system firmware" ?

This was also pointed out to your team earlier and seemingly ignored.

Review done?

9. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    To what software are you referring?

10. AxB

AxB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The same software was installed when it was sent to you earlier.

That message is from Window's event viewer.