HIDEvolution vs Dell legal fight! Who is lying?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Vinay Kanth Rao Kodipelly, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Vinay Kanth Rao Kodipelly

Vinay Kanth Rao Kodipelly Newbie

Reputations:
    @Donald@HIDevolution

Dear Members:

I apologize for the lengthy read. I can write a book on this situation after the outcome.

I was told to post my case here on NotebookReview by several redditors. I am finally taking the time to describe the whole situation so that you can be aware of it- before taking a crucial decision of buying a computer/laptop from Dell or HIDEvolution. I am trying to describe the whole situation in a chronological order.

My Background: I am a mathematics instructor(TA) and also a doctoral candidate in mathematics education with research interests in application of mathematics in animation and game development. I self-taught Adobe After effects, Blender 3D and Unity 3D to create instructional materials for my math courses that I teach at the university. As part of several projects I am handling, I needed a powerful laptop which also has to be portable as I am an international student in the US. Most importantly, my PhD thesis requires me to develop a 3D game for College Algebra course and I also had to build a virtual environment for grant our department is applying.

After a lot of digging, I decided to spend all my savings from stipend as a graduate student in buying Area 51-M from Dell. I ordered it from dell in the month of April but they changed the shipping date several times that I lost interest in waiting. This is where I should have waited a little longer, I was impatient! I saw that the laptop is available to be shipped via HIDEvolution which is why I cancelled the order from Dell and ordered it from HIDEvolution on Amazon, with premium support. This is my first mistake, ordering the laptop from a third party seller. The laptop was faulty from the day I received it and I thought it is a matter of Nvidia drivers. I had to reinstall Windows 10 to make it work. After a while, there are artifacts appearing on the laptop screen. I thought it is a driver's issue and updated it. It didn't help. I cannot even get into the windows desktop as all I can see a black screen and weird artifacts after login. I bought premium support from Alienware and contacted them via email.

I do not want to include all the details here as I am copying the link here to my reddit post where Mr. Donald from HIDEvolution also replied. In a gist, I found out three things:
    1) the laptop that was sold to me as a brand new one was a refurbished one according to Dell Advanced Resolution Group.
    2) Dell gave me a written statement that HIDEvolution is not an authorized retailer of dell which they are claiming to be. I forwarded these emails as well as call recordings to Donald@HIDEvolution.
    3) There were laptop parts being ordered on my service tag while the laptop is being shipped or in-transit. HIDEvolution also confirmed they replaced LCD panels twice before shipping it to me.
    4) Mr. TED from HIDEvolution sent me an email saying that they can look into the Dell inventory database and there is an availability of the parts needed for my laptop. This claim again rejected by Dell saying no external entity has access to their inventory.
    5) Dell claimed that they are shipping the parts from France to be used in my laptop. TED from HIDEvolution trashed it saying that is a foul play. Off course, Dell's own customer care person said that it is not true and the person who informed me about this is no longer working for them.
    This is where Mr. Donald from HIDEvoltuion commented my issue initially.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/...thoughts_on_alienware_area_51m_want/?sort=new
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/...olution_is_fraud_dell_provided_evidence_need/

After a long time, I received the laptop but the question still remains as to who put me in this situation. I did a lot of mediation between HIDEvolution and Dell. Both of the parties are claiming against each other letting the customer in the middle suffer. I was just not able to digest that the year-long savings as a grad student was spent on a refurbished laptop sold by an unauthorized retailer. Mr. Donald from HIDEvolution initially tried to reject these claims(on reddit post) and I provided all the call recordings and emails from Dell. Then he started understanding my situation. My university took the case seriously and the lawyer asked me to file a case in small courts claim initially after which we will decide what to do. I was not able to do it given the huge task of PhD thesis in-front of me. I finally got the time to fight for it.

Recently, Mr. Donald came on a youtube channel, ownordisown by stephen to give an interview. He was kind enough to show the legal agreement between HIDEvolution and Dell about authorization(according to them). He is claiming the laptop is not refurbished even though it was repaired before sending it to me by quoting some rules from the Dell agreement. I quickly forwarded the video along with the time stamp to the advanced resolution group and at the same time to Mr. Micheal Dell itself. I received a call saying the claims are utterly untrue. They said this video and all other details are sent to their legal team who take care of HIDEvolution's fraud. Dell sent me this email

"This e-mail is in regards to the brief conversation that we had earlier today about your Dell Computer.
    As discussed, the Alienware Area51m in your possession was sold as a new computer to HIDEVOLUTION/EVOLUTION COMPUTERS and they are not an authorized Dell retailer.
    Please be advised that Dell has no control over the statements made by third party companies. Our intention is to ensure that our customers receive the most accurate information from our direct employees and retailers. Once again, Dell only has one depot/service center based in Houston, Texas and all the spare parts are also deployed from the same location to our onsite service vendors across the US.
    You will have to take up your concerns with HID EVOLUTION in this scenario as the unit was sold to you by them." and he claimed that all these details are sent to the legal team to take an action against HIDEvolution for falsifying authorization documents.
    Read the comments on the youtube video:

Like I said, I am the mediator here as they do not want to confront probably. Mr. Stephen of the @OWNORDISOWN took a lot of interest in finding the truth and you can see his comments under the video. I am taking this opportunity to thank him for his support. I forwarded the call recordings to Donald@hidevolution as well as Mr.Stephen. This is Mr. Donald's reply via email:
    "I do apologize Vinay…Unfortunately, that tech is just wrong and we have escalated it to Dell legal. Dell is basically defaming HIDevolution. This is a lot of trauma for both of us…and you are correct, it is not warranted. This is why we escalated it to Dell Legal"

Finally, they both claimed to be fighting legally against each other. Clearly one party is lying here and that party is fraud. It would have ended simply if HIDEvolution replaced my laptop with a new one which would have avoided all the fiasco. The bottom line is apart from the authorization issue, HIDEvolution is using the agreement/rules to claim the already repaired laptop to be a brand new one instead of a brand new one. I have all the recordings, emails, tracking from service tags etc., to prove everything I said here to be true. in fact both the parties are in possession of these proofs now as they made me a tennis ball that bounced back and forth.
    This incident put me through a dreadful situation wasting precious time while I am at the verge of finishing my PhD project and Thesis. The trauma is ineffable. The worst part is I do not have access to any considerably good computer at the university that can help me with the Unity-3D project I was working on for my PhD thesis during this issue. I spent all of my savings from stipend I received as a grad student to buy this laptop. I want to bring the people responsible for this to justice. They must regret their wrong doings. They cannot just lie and get away being in such high positions.

@Donald@HIDevolution

update: After reading several comments on reddits and here, it is better not to buy from a third-party seller like HIDEvolution. At the end of the day, manufacturer and the seller is going to throw the customer towards each other. It is customers who are going to suffer the most. They don't care about us. Buy it directly from the manufacturer avoiding the middleman.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    dodgehemi0, alexnvidia, Renan and 2 others like this.
  2. Maxware79

Maxware79 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Holy crap, what a nightmare! I'm in Australia and I have only ever dealt directly with Dell and I've always had great support.
    I hope it all gets sorted out for you and those guys can just go at each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2019
  3. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Am I wrong or has HidEvolution been selling alienwares for quite some time now?

I just find in a little interesting that this behavior starts up after their halo product (area 51m) were basically killing themselves almost right out of the box.

Dells logistics are the worst I have ever seen. They are basically a black hole shooting computers into the space. I work essentially as a middle man between Dell and clients albeit larger volume business side (not Alienware)

If the machine has warranty then Dell should take care of it, that machine isn't old. Seems like the classic dealer VS manufacturer and every time the consumer loses.

4. Vinay Kanth Rao Kodipelly

Reputations:
    Thanks for the comment.
    Dell basically says that you did not buy it from us and we can only take care of the hardware issues as I paid for its premium support. They asked me several times to take it up to HIDEvolution by yourself as you bought it from them. When I ask what about the false claims you just mentioned that HIDEvolution is making against you? They say we are taking action against them legally and the actions are internal. Although this time they agreed to inform me of the outcome from the legal fight with HIDEvolution. Yes, you are right! The customer loses all the time.

Renan likes this.
  5. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    It all just seems so redundant as unless I am mistaken the machine, regardless, is warrantied. Even if you "dealt with HID" instead of Dell HID would turn around and send it off to Dell, as its not under their warranty service (unless you bought from them)

Why would a reseller try to buy a bunch of laptops at list price to take a loss on? It just doesnt make sense, some details are missing that have yet to come to light.

THe outcome of the "legal fight" with HID could take years, you need action now.

6. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear all of this. I have learned long time ago that the only right way to buy laptops is directly from manufacturer or at the very least from Amazon if the Amazon is actual seller and they are in your country. With any other reseller you always have a risk of running into issues like these no matter how many other people had positive experience with these resellers. This is why I ordered my Dell laptop straight from the Dell.

7. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    They’re both at fault. I had a bad experience with Donald from Hide evolution. I only buy my laptops from Amazon now because of their great return policy. Don’t ever buy from a third party seller in my opinion when putting this kind of money down. A lot of people swear by them. Look through reddit and not this forum where it’s extremely biased in support of Hide because of all the incentives they offer.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2019
  8. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Geeze.....I remember when you first posted this on Reddit, it's disheartening to know that you still have not gotten a resolution to this :(

People are clearly free to buy from whoever they want, and this isn't directed against HID Evolution, but just from stories on Reddit we have seen more then a few issues when it comes to warranties when you buy from third parties. People have a particularly bad time if they want replacements from Dell if they buy from third parties.

Hope you get this sorted out eventually @Vinay Kanth Rao Kodipelly , be sure to keep us updated if anything changes.

9. Vinay Kanth Rao Kodipelly

Reputations:
    Thank you for the support. I will keep you all posted.

10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Wow what a situation.

When buying from a third party, you should be able to use the Dell support as well as the manufacturer, assuming it is under your name in the service tag.

Lopt, etern4l, MogRules and 1 other person like this.