HIDevolution - The Best Company I ever dealt with

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by Spartan, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    At this day and age, where good customer service has become very rare, and even the big resellers treat you with arrogance and don't show any value towards having your business. I first learned about HIDevolution from these forums about 9 months ago.

Let me take you through all my experience with them:

=============================================================
    1) It all started with my ordering an Alienware Area 51 Desktop through HIDevolution, I configured the system with triple GeForce Titan X GPUs.

As they started building the system, upon reading more about this desktop, and how that it isn't really a fully upgradeable desktop like standard ones since it uses a proprietary motherboard, and also learning that due to a BIOS restriction, that triple Titan X in SLI may not work, I had buyer's remorse and felt that it doesn't deserve my money, I felt I was in a bad situation since HIDevolution has already started the order.

I then contacted Mr. Tim, their sales manager and explained my concerns to him.

He immediately offered me to cancel the order if I am not 100% satisfied and refunded all my money without charging me a single penny for the inconvenience that I caused them.

This is when my trust level for them went up very high and I promised myself I would only purchase computers from them in the future for their understanding, transparency, and honesty.
    ==============================================================
    2) Next system I ordered was the Clevo P770DM-G, total cost was around $5100 USD

As they started building it, I heard that there is the P870DM-G which will be released very soon so again, I'm like "arrggghhhh, I want that, I want the best", as they were building the machine, I contacted Mr. Ted and asked him about it, without any hesitation, he replied back that if I want, they would cancel the order and put all the money that I paid towards the next system or even refund the money right away, again, with no penalties. I chose to keep the money as in store credit.

What's even better was, as everyone was eagerly waiting for the P870DM to be in stock, HIDevolution were the first company to have them due to their excellent connections with CLEVO and I was amongst the first people to lay my hand on this beast!

More details:
    Ordered a Clevo P870DM-G from HIDevolution

They even did a live build of my system via Skype showing me everything, how they are applying the perfect layer of Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra on the CPU, how they installed the NVMe SSDs and applied the thermal pads on them, everything, it's like I was on a virtual tour in their offices seeing everything that was being done to my system. After the system was built, they allowed me to login to it remotely via TeamViewer to do my tweaks and final touches so that when I received it, it was ready to use right off the bat!

this is what I call "Excellency in customer service!"
    ================================================================
    3) Next, comes the warranty, buying a system is just a start, after a company has taken your money, its the support and customer service that counts....

So after about a week, my INS (Insert) key on the keyboard just flew off. Not their fault, it's just this garbage Clevo 15" keyboards that they put on all the systems, it's a joke. Anyway, HIDevolution then sent me another INS key to Dubai, didn't charge me for shipping. I then tried installing the replacement key but again it wouldn't fit into place perfectly, if I would press it about 7 or so times, it flies off again.

So HIDevolution then sent me an entire full keyboard replacement, they didn't even ask me to ship the old one back!

The cherry on the topping was, their technical support lady Ms. Vivian even made a step by step video for me on how to replace the keyboard and the cables involved so I felt I was in good hands with them being with me virtually in every step.

More details:
    HIDevolution's Warranty!
    ========================================================
    Finally, I didn't like my P870DM-G's Dual 980M SLI GPUs, I was experiencing microstuttering not only in games, but even in videos since I use an application called SVP (Smooth Video Project) to play videos @ 60FPS and I configured it to use GPU 2 for SVP and GPU 1 for the normal video rendering. I could feel this microstuttering. That and the headaches with SLI and how bad nVIDIA's and the game developers' support for SLI has been recently.

So I though why not sell my current system, make some money out of it and get another one, but this time I wanted a Eurocom Sky X9 with a desktop 980GTX so it would have the Prema BIOS preinstalled and covered under warranty.

Unfortunately, the deal of selling my laptop turned out to be a big scam, I was given a cheque for a closed account and the thieves turned off their cell phones. I was in a lot of pain and sorrow that all my money that I saved and put towards my dream machine has become ashes....ashes from a Phoenix...

I contacted HIDevolution immediately telling them about my story and told them to cancel the order I made for the Eurocom Sky X9.

Mr. Ted was very understanding and he offered to cancel my 3 year global warranty which was worth USD $600 from the old system and move it to my next system that I will buy free of charge saving me $600 USD at least, something is better than nothing in my situation.

Not only that, but they didn't cancel my Eurocom Sky X9 order and they still had it shipped from Eurocom's Headquarters in Canada to their office in the US so it would be ready for me when I have the money to buy it without any delays.

Fortunately, and without going into much details, I managed to borrow some money from various sources and proceeded with the order.

This way, I will be having the great Eurocom Sky X9 with the Prema BIOS PLUS HIDevolution's superb customer service and global warranty that covers shipping costs twice per year should anything go wrong with the system AND at a very competitive price!

My business will always be with this company from now on. Even if I wanted to buy a regular low end laptop for me or a family member or friend, I will not buy it locally but will order it from them.

This is how a company wins a customer and have them comeback and give them repeat business. It's simple, just give them good service that's all they ask for.
    ==========================================================

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. Spartan

Reputations:
    Oh and in case you were wondering how on earth am I ordering a Eurocom Sky X9 through HIDevolution it is because they have good relations so HIDevolution will get me the system from Eurocom but offer me their warranty since it is still essentially, a Clevo with the same parts as any other Clevo laptop.
    ======================================================
    So a little update...

HIDevolution received my barebone Eurocom Sky X9 from Eurocom 3 days ago....they still needed to install the rest of the components like m.2 SSDs, HDDs, RAM, etc. do a quality check and what not....

I contacted them 2 days ago asking them when is my build going to start....they were swamped with orders....so they couldn't even though anything but Mr. Tim promised me they will try to ship it before the weekend is over in order to not delay the process and leave me without a laptop for more days....

Yesterday, I contacted them again, they were still swamped..I understand, I'm not their only customer....

It was about 4PM and I was starting to get worried that my laptop wouldn't be ready and that I will have to wait until Monday to have it shipped, let alone the long wait for receiving it....

Then Mr. Ted assigned the most senior technician they had to my order around 4PM and she finished the installation/build of the system, checked that it had the PREMA BIOS and that the screen had no dead pixels or light bleeding...packaged the laptop, and had it shipped by 6 PM just as they were about to close!

Again, another example of how they always satisfy the customer needs despite them being so busy.

More than happy again dealing with HIDevolution

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    deathwingbg, Vasudev, god1729 and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Thanks for sharing this experience with us. I agree, excellent service is rare these days. It is always awesome to see positive examples of the exception.

4. Ted@HIDevolution

Ted@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thank you for your support and sharing!

5. Abdullaj

Abdullaj Newbie

Reputations:
    I agree with you Phoenix they are best company,

i recently ordered clevo P750dm-g with

Core i7-6700K
    GTX 980M
    4K Samsung PLS (60 Hz)
    24GB Dual Channel DDR4
    Raid 0 512GB Dual SSD (2 x Samsung SM951 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD

hopefully it will be shipped by next week

Ted has always been friendly and patient with any questions or requests I have brought up.
    Very satisfied with them, would definitely buy my next machine with them, when the time comes.

toughasnails and Spartan like this.
  6. Spartan

Reputations:
    nice to hear another positive feedback from Dubai! Thanks for sharing bro!

Abdullaj likes this.
  7. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Wow...now that is how all companies should be like. 2 thumbs up for HIDevolution.

Abdullaj and Spartan like this.
  8. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Wow, that's insanely awesome service. Thanks to all the issues dealing with Sager, should I purchase a new computer in the future, I decided I don't want to deal with Sager again, sounds like HIDevolution is a great place to go!

hmscott, Abdullaj and Spartan like this.
  9. Spartan

Reputations:
    You know from the keyboard issue I and you had how differently SAGER and HIDevolution handled the issue...

SAGER caused you a lot of grief sending the unit back and forth, leaving you without a laptop for a few days, only to receive it with nothing done.

HIDevolution just sent me the key, when that didn't work, they sent me a full keyboard so I didn't miss my laptop for even an hour!

kolias and hmscott like this.
  10. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    To be fair they had to wait for new video cards which delayed my machine like a month but yeah they made a huge mess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.