HIDEvolution - Clevo lost my CPU - how else to proceed?

Discussion in 'Reseller Feedback Forum' started by jcadduono, Oct 25, 2017.

1. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Don't forget that the Clevo Service Centers are only used by companies which don't carry out repairs at their own premises, so your experience shouldn't have a strong bearing on purchasing any Clevo chassis from any system integrator or reseller in the future.

2. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In all this thread it has been "Clevo" this and "Clevo" that... I seriously do not get this. Who the heck is "Clevo" ? A contract exists between the customer and the retailer and in most civilised countries the contract is governed by the state. The customer has no idea who "Clevo" is; they could just as easily be a local repair shop or in-house staff carrying out repairs.

3. boricuafly

boricuafly Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Happy to hear the HIDevolution did the right thing. Happy I made the right decision going with them.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    This matter was resolved to the customer's satisfaction month's ago...did you read this thread?

Given the OP's Title to this thread, this customer clearly knew who Clevo is, as do most buyers of a Clevo laptop, regardless of its final branding.

I think you might want to read up on some civilized law that is common to most countries and states within them. This was a bailment - see https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/bailment. The bailor (OP) claims the bailee (Clevo) did not return the same CPU that was sent when the laptop was returned for repair. The OP got the correct CPU once HIDevolution.com stepped in...case closed.

I seriously don't get why you made the quoted post.

rocas, Papusan, Ultra Male and 2 others like this.
  5. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    I agree that this thread doesn't need to be resurected again after it's clearly been resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Problem is, and if I muddied the waters I appologise - the thread title is very missleading because at no point has Clevo been involved in this. I think that's the main point @doofus99 was making, not that he's trying to start the blame game again.

Comes back to numerous discussions had on this forum when members (often those who are new to the Clevo ecosystem) don't understand the differentiation between Clevo and Sager - the title of this forum section "Sager and Clevo" doesn't help either as that suggests a number of falsehoods. IMO the section title should include all SIs or all resellers, or none, as some people clearly think that all Clevo laptops are Sager and then rebranded.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic - as I said this thread really doesn't need to be resurected.

Vasudev, Papusan and KY_BULLET like this.